Request: Return of Website Holiday Themes

This is honestly a feature that I, along with many other people who were on Roblox for a while, enjoyed for the longest of time, and I personally desire it to make a comeback.

Old veterans of Roblox for the past, idk, maybe 5+ years or so, will remember the themes Roblox did for its website each time a holiday event came along. Like this one for example.

(Sidenote: I do not own an account called souljaboy66. This is an example photo I found online.)

I know Roblox did this for the Halloween event, and I think they also did it for the Easter event (and maybe Thanksgiving and Christmas events, not so certain though).

Honestly, during the old days, this was one of the things that always excited me on the Roblox site during the holiday events (other than the events themselves) and always made me look forward to them. It was always fun to go onto Roblox and, rather than see the normal background, see the cool new holiday-themed background Roblox had designed for the website. It was so neat to look at with the rest of the site.

Upon talking to several other Roblox veterans as well, they agree with me in terms of how neat they always found this feature. However, a couple years back, Roblox stopped doing it. Although I’m not sure of Roblox’s exact reasons for no longer doing it were, I feel as if it would make the events a lot more exciting and/or intriguing to look forward to if this feature was brought back, and, seeing as to how the holiday season is just a couple months away, I feel this is the perfect time to request for such a thing.

-TheIndustrialDev

369 Likes

Can confirm, these were definitely a thing. Would love to see them return.

22 Likes

They were fun to see, but these days Roblox has a more basic site layout which doesn’t really work with these types of themes. Not only that, but it seems like a waste of resources.

2 Likes

Yes, the site layout has changed to a more basic design, but there are still ways this could be customized. Just as an example, they could potentially make the top bar some sort of color, and then make the background of the site a detailed image for the holiday. There are different ways of potentially working around the site’s new design to incorporate this idea.

Also, idk if this would 100% be thought as, in my personal opinion, a waste of resources. The new decorations on the site could lead to potentially boosted moral in the players who are excited for the event, seeing a new themed website rather than the old one they are used to seeing. It could definitely help raise approval rates for the holiday events from Roblox players across the site.

16 Likes

Well I just think the site currently needs a revamp. I can’t feel creative looking at it, and even if it isn’t going to get revamped, there’s quite a bit of work to catch the rest of the site up. Groups are a big part.

Though I guess this thread is fine for the future. Not really my decision, those are just my thoughts.

14 Likes

Either way, I appreciate it man. All the thoughts we can get can certainly help one way or another, right?

2 Likes

More themes in general would be nice. It’d be interesting to have a “default” (sets it to holidays automatically when near those times), light, dark, OBC(?), and then one for each holiday available 24/7 for those who really like them. After all, nothing would be cooler than a year-round Easter theme!

We’ve also got the hamburger menu icons, which can be changed to fit the holidays! I’d say the big downside which makes this idea a bit weaker in my opinion is the fact that the biggest reason to have the holiday themes, the large Roblox bar at the top with the art, is no longer around. I’d say it was one of the best parts, so without that we’re mostly left with changing the colors.

11 Likes

Well like I said in response to Extuls; Roblox could do something such as change the background on the site from that plain gray look to some new holiday-themed image. Although the big top-bar is no longer with us, there are certainly other parts of the website Roblox could customize.

1 Like

BIG YES from me! Roblox did them when I was a child 10 years ago and it made me love the site so much. Felt cozy and cared after and honestly probably made me use the site more just because I enjoyed it so much.

37 Likes

I agree, Roblox seemed to display more affection towards the community when they did this compared to what they display now.

9 Likes

I loved back when roblox let you pay 20$ a month for a dark theme

now there is no dark theme at all

9 Likes

Man, I remember this was one of the reasons I wanted to log in on Roblox every holiday, it was really fun to see such colors in the website and had feelings to change my character on relation to it, sadly I just had tix at the time…lol

5 Likes

Oh wow, I now have this urge to go use the old Roblox layout again. It was so good…

Definitely in support of this, the themes were fascinating. Even though I was only 7 years old or whatever, I still remember them.

5 Likes

Y’all ever heard of Stylish?

2 Likes

Agreed, make it feel more special

4 Likes

Yes 100%!! It felt so comfy and engaging seeing all the website themes. It made me even more hype as a kid for the holidays.

As a developer now, I definitely feel like the theme changing for holidays would encourage me (and more developers) to create a holiday update to attract more players.

6 Likes

I think this is something that was an oversight when the site layout was changed and the themes setting was no longer a thing from a certain point forward. It definitely adds to the user experience by makes certain times of the year more of something to look forward to and makes the events thereof more engaging.

Here are some more examples of themed layouts that were available in the past. None of the account(s) in the images are mine.

And the old ability to personalize the site’s theme to your liking.

This should totally come back.

23 Likes

does anyone here remember that website layout prototype Shedletsky posted years ago?

9 Likes

That OBC theme made it completely worth the cost

5 Likes

lol

5 Likes