Request: Return of Website Holiday Themes

From what I can tell, it seems to be the case that Roblox purposely removed these things as it didn’t really fit the vision they have for Roblox. Rather than to have silly, childish and playful backgrounds (similar with the old logo) that really gave off a “playground” and “childish” feel to it, they’ve have moved onto something more modern and simplistic which looks and feels far more professional.

I don’t think Roblox will do these changes for this specific reason, although it would be cool to at least have some changes done to fit the season. There’s no reason to go overboard with it, but some smaller stuff could be cool so… Support.

:eyes:

7 Likes

Definitely see your point there with that; its like I said, they don’t need to do anything TOO extravagant. Just a simple change of color in the top bar and maybe a small little background in replacement of that plain gray background would do the trick well enough. It’s possible to change up the site for the holiday theme without making it seem like less professional of a platform.

6 Likes

In 11 hours, we are already at 100 likes. Really appreciate all of the support you guys are giving to this request. Definitely pushes it one step forward to potentially even becoming a reality for the site!

2 Likes

A site-wide theme change for a holiday event definitely makes it feel at least 100x more special for me.

5 Likes

you have MY SUPPORT

3 Likes

bring back 08…

nah but seriously all my support

3 Likes

Something that be awesome would be allowing people from the community to submit designs, and one of them is featured each month/holiday/season or whatever Roblox decides. Itd be a really fun opportunity and I’d love to see more artists in the community!

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of likes

2 Likes

What can I say? People loved the feature lol.

3 Likes

Yea that would be a really cool idea ngl! Maybe that’s how Roblox could figure out which design to use for the site. Would bring both the artist and the gaming community together in one big pack.

Who knows? Maybe it’ll come true? Just gotta wait and see, right?

1 Like

Great idea in my opinion, roblox site would be much better by this!
Old good days :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes! Yes! Please, let’s have this back!

2 Likes

I’d love to see this again

3 Likes

YES please!!

3 Likes

rip web developers, but yeah this was awesome

3 Likes

21 hours later, we are at 200 likes! Wow! I honestly was not expecting this kind of a response. Things are really looking good for this potential feature, I must say. Let’s keep it going, and hope this request actually becomes a reality!

1 Like

I’ve been building up some community rep. https://twitter.com/ScriptOnRoblox/status/1020906145295347712?s=19 Almost at 1000 likes since last night on Twitter!

7 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Yes! I remember these and I was kind of disappointed when they stopped doing them. They definitely should think about doing them again.

3 Likes

This would be awesome. But as roblox doesn’t have a topbar with the roblox logo anymore, I remember that in 2010 they added a halloween background with this texture that later i downloaded and I uploaded into a decal. Maybe just backgrounds, topbar and font colors would be enough

2 Likes