Request: Return of Website Holiday Themes

Yeah; I can see that as being enough.

1 Like

I think Roblox stopped doing this because there isn’t really any major site (outside of Google’s logo changing) that does anything similar to holiday themes.

there’s also the fact that roblox is much more international than they were before, meaning some countries might celebrate different holidays and other headaches that are involved.

I think websites themes would be a perfect user-made thing as an google chrome extension though.

1 Like

As much sense as that makes, I don’t think that would be Roblox’s primary reason. If they did do it because certain countries don’t celebrate those holidays, don’t you think they would’ve stopped doing the holiday events altogether? They’re pretty much big enough to the point where Roblox makes sure everyone everywhere on the site knows about it; this year’s, stretching across 10 different games, just further enhances that.

And I don’t think that Roblox would do it because no other major sites do it. Roblox has a tendency of wanting to stand out from the crowd; I feel that if there was a lot of sites not doing it, that would be a reason for Roblox to actually continue to do it.

Do see your points of reasoning behind both of those statements though.

2 Likes

yeah they can be seen both ways

I see your point with the holiday events, I was thinking more of like, being somewhere that doesn’t celebrate christmas but also doesn’t get snow it’d be weird seeing snowflake theme or whatever, but they still hold the winter events so theme is on a similar scale

as far as other sites not doing it, my logic behind it was that those sites are trying to be professional so Roblox would try to follow suit to not appear any less professional as them

2 Likes

That’s true yeah. And, like I mentioned here, it’s not like Roblox has to get too extravagant with the design.

3 Likes

I was thinking users can have custom design of the site if they have OBC. And if you choose to look up that users profile, it’ll show their design. Doesn’t have to be a big customization, just something small like how twitter has it where you can change the color scheme of the site.
But yeah, I also support this idea of having themes connected to holidays. But would it be only American holidays or all holidays from around the world since Roblox itself is trying to be international. Also the fact that some people don’t celebrate a certain holiday so it may be offensive to them. That’s the only problems that I can think of when it comes to themes.

3 Likes

I see your point. It’s like I told WhoseTrade: if the holiday events were a concern to Roblox in terms of other countries potentially finding it offensive, wouldn’t they stop doing the holiday events for Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all those types of games altogether?

2 Likes

300 likes in 4 days. Holy crap guys. You guys are rocking the support for this thing. Keep in mind that the most liked post on Roblox has 565 likes, and has been around for close to a year. We are 54% of the way there in three days. The amount of support for this is insane. I thank all of you guys for bringing this a step closer to becoming a reality.

2 Likes

I miss the themes so much.

3 Likes

A day over 5 weeks later, we have officially reached 400 likes on this post.
Holy crap guys.
I thank you guys for all the support you have given to this post. It’s incredible.
A little sidenote; the most liked post on the forums has 566 likes on it.
We are 70% of the way to that number.
Now let’s see if we can shoot this up to 500.
Remember; the more support we get, the more likely Roblox is to make this a reality.

6 Likes

Some sort of staff response at this point would be appreciated.

4 Likes

Themes are definitely on our mind right now. We have changes coming down the pipe over the next year that should make this more possible.

I can’t promise anything, but we definitely see a future where we have holiday themes again!

49 Likes

Going to bump this and support it, but is there any update on it as I haven’t seen anything updates or sneak peeks for the past 2 years already? Would like an update on Holiday Themes.

Anywho, having a return and brand new design of Holiday themes on the website is something I enjoyed and loved ever since it came out as a young fellow, but with the website being a dark and gloomy color or pure white isn’t the best for most users especially me at the moment.

Some images of past themes:

Please bring back the Holiday themes to the website, especially Halloween and Easter as we have events for those holidays. :rabbit: :egg:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.