Requesting Help to Implement 'Saitama Battlegrounds' CameraSubject on Torso Without Jittery Effect!

I’m currently trying to fork the player module by replacing the default root part on CameraSubject, which is the HumanoidRootPart, with the torso instead. However, when I attempt this, it works but results in a slight jittery effect when you rotate your character. I have been unable to fix this issue, as the player module is highly complex. I am thus requesting assistance from experienced scripters to help solve this problem and provide me with a definitive solution. As you can observe in Saitama Battlegrounds, everything runs smoothly when Torso-CameraSubject is implemented.

3 Likes

Why would you need to change the CameraSubject when HRP works fine?

2 Likes

I understand your question and it’s a valid point. The HumanoidRootPart (HRP) does work efficiently as a CameraSubject in most cases. However, there are certain scenarios where changing the CameraSubject to a different body part, such as the Torso, might be necessary. This could be due to specific game mechanics, character designs or even for a unique player experience.

They most likely move a separate part to a attachment position and attach it to that part.

Sorry, but I need a more experienced solution.

1 Like

they have their camerasubject on the character’s head not torso/hrp i tested it

I thought that by default, the humanoid supplied some kind of position, as the camera subject is on it by default

the default camera subject is the humanoid not head

I think you are right, the default CameraSubject is Humanoid not HRP, and it kinda supplies a Position for the Camera to follow, if you set the CameraSubject to the HRP its easy to notice it lacks the normal offset that Humanoid provides.

I dont understand why you need to fork the module to change that, just change the CameraSubject from script. And set it to UpperTorso or Torso.

I dont notice any jittery effect when I set the Subject to Torso, but I perfectly notice that the camera is “jumping” along with the character cause the camera is following directly the Torso, and the torso its “animated”, instead of HRP which is kinda static. The HRP doesnt “jump” when walking or animating, its more stable, but the rest of the parts of the Character does, Motors6D moving, the parts are moving, causing an interesting effect when camera follows those parts.

This is a CameraSubject to UpperTorso:

Maybe you dont want that (which doesnt look bad/jiterring). So you need to offset the position that Humanoid is supplying as the following point (yeah in that case you need to fork the player module) but, you dont want to set the “following position” to the torso coordinates to get rid of that “jumping” effect, you should offset the position the Humanoid is supplying.

1 Like

i believe that saitama battlegrounds actually set its camerasubject to head because they have r6 forced
and i have tested setting it to head and it feels perfectly similar to that game

I dont know that game, but if you say that setting the Subject to head directly, this is what I get:

Indeed the “jumping” effect still there, cause camera is not following an offset of the “HRP/Humanoid supplied position”.

if OP doesnt want that “jumping effect” of the camera, its needed to fork the module, and just increase/decrease the offset supplied I think.

And that jumping effect, returns to the good idea that @Korthgreat0 had, by only placing a part attached to the HRP and CFrame it to the Head or Torso or whatever part, and make the CameraSubject to that part, the jumping effect is removed, and not even needing to edit the player’s module:

1 Like

No, actually, if you use Shift Lock and ensure to use R6, try rotating your character using Shift Lock without moving. You’ll notice a slight jittery effect in the character. Focus so you can see it. If for some reason that doesn’t happen, send me the test place so I can see if the bug has somehow disappeared.

If the camera subject was set to the head, it would feel a bit more chaotic than the torso, as the head rotates more than the torso. Also, the jump effect is not the jittery effect I’m mentioning, and it’s expected. However, I hope you can see the bug as I do.

There are compatibility issues when changing only the camera subject, such as Shift Lock not working and the first-person character not disappearing as usual, among many other issues if you conduct further tests with that method. Therefore, it’s easier to just fork Playermodule. (You can achieve this by changing the RootPart to Torso in ‘CameraBase’ inside the PlayerModule.)

The default CameraSubject is the HumanoidRootPart, even though it’s labeled as ‘Humanoid’ in the Camera properties for its own purposes.

its definitely set to the head because in that game when u emote the camera follows completely

So anyway, I need a solution please.

I did something similar, just attaching the camera’s subject to the head. I re-scripted fir st person and shift lock and it worked fine. I will try to recreate the Jittery effect you’re getting and try to find a fix to it in a few hours

Just disable the effect when it’s in camera’s view.

disable the effect, what effect, honestly devforum is pretty disappointing