RetroRaster | The Real-time Raytracing Solution for Pixelating Roblox!

This pixel raytracer with textures looks GREAT! Nice job on it! How long did it take to create?

2 Likes

check this new one out, it might be better

1 Like

I got a working prototype within a day. Getting textures to work took a few days. I’ve been working on this thing on and off for about 2 months or so

2 Likes

The API is a bit hard for me to understand at the moment, and im not sure how it will perform per-pixel

1 Like

Ended up adding proper sphere projection for the skybox!

5 Likes

Any possible release-date? EditableImage already released

4 Likes

this is amazing . would you ever considering releasing/selling this?

1 Like

EditableImage is not yet released for experiences. There is currently no release date yet, but hopefully within a month or so

4 Likes

:exploding_head: This is incredible! where can I get my hands on this?

2 Likes

Hello, sorry if the question seems inappropriate, but is there any way you can give a tutorial or explain how you make it take the textures so precisely? since I did it for my plugin, but it is easy to generate errors because I am new to scripting.

5 Likes

can you apply textures to mesh objects :grey_question:

1 Like

Yeah! Textures can be applied to everything, but note that the UV mapping will not be the same, so if you are using a gun mesh with a specific gun texture, it will probably not map correctly

1 Like

this is amazing! this could be used for some really cool games do you ever play to make this open source?

6 Likes

This would look AMAZING paired with the robot 64 engine!
(with heavy modification)

Do you ever plan on making this open source?

I plan on making this be a sold asset once I have finalised everything.

Progress on this has been going great as well. I managed to get the FPS with peaks as high as 240fps on my machine at 120x90.

Might update my benchmarks to support those changes

2 Likes

This renderer is finally available to the public!

7 Likes

thanks so much. i will proably get this when i have cash. also could you make a test place so we can all see what it is like in game?

1 Like

Honestly a great idea. I’ll provide the main test place that I personally use whenever I work on the resource

1 Like

Small Optimisations and Bug Fixes - v1.1.0

This release just fixes a small issues and improves overall rendering performance

• Changed how RetroRaster is packaged to make migrating to the latest version a bit easier

• Replaced some of the default material textures with optimised versions

• Fixed a rendering bug

• Small rendering optimisations

• Updated documentation in the main script

Hello! Does this work with particles?

1 Like