Revert back to "old" running animation

Hey there!

Some users are currently experiencing a “bug” with the player’s running animation, displayed in the video below.

To fix this, you need to create a boolean attribute under workspace and name it RbxLegacyAnimationBlending and ensure the value of it is set to true

Courtesy of this post.

12 Likes

It’s weird that this “bug” came out of thin air.

4 Likes

It’s not the first time this has happened, though.

2 Likes

Gotta love the way your character looks towards the viewer while it’s running. It’s as if it’s saying “This is the way I run now?”

And before anybody says it, yes, I’m aware of the fact that this is the result of the idle animation playing at the same time as the running animation.

1 Like

I personally would not recommend anyone use this. This attribute is clearly meant for backwards-compatibility, and I think it is more than likely that people will try and use this instead of actually making their games work with the new (it’s actually not that new anymore) blending, and then will have broken games again when this eventually stops working.

1 Like

The issue has now been fixed and this was one of the ways to fix it. I don’t recommend using this either but as I said it worked at the time whilst the issue was being fixed.