Revulsion: 1997 [Old Post]

Heyo,
Artyom again!

I did a post a long long time ago about this project and here’s pretty much a sequel to that post, there’s been a whole lot of stuff happening.

Games Sweden - Who are we?
Games Sweden is a newly founded game development studio led by developers who originated from Source & Unity. Established in 2022, with a goal to accelerate higher-end games onto the platform. Together we’re hoping to create many new jobs for young aspiring artists.

About the project (Limbo)
Limbo is a single-player/co-op puzzle story horror video game developed by multiple source developers that migrated to the Roblox platform to put its engine to the test.

Controls:
WASD to Move
TAB to Pause
E to Interact
F for Flashlight
SHIFT to Run

Minimum System requirements:
8GB RAM
GeForce GTX 950
Intel i3-6100K
Windows 7,8,10 (64-bit)

Recommended System requirements:
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1070
Intel i5-9600K
Windows 7,8,10 (64-bit)

Let me hear your input about the project before it’s whole Chapter 1 release to be anywhere
before the end of this year.
Stay up-to-date!

(Everything is subject-to-change)

Discord
Group
Twitter
Game (Limbo)

113 Likes

It was just my screen brightness nvm
But the lighting and textures are really good.

12 Likes

It’s because it starts with a power outbreak, once the power comes on there’s lights everywhere and the ambient gets lighter. Everything’s also subject to change, but hey - thanks for the feedback!

9 Likes

The recommended spec could be dropped a bit. I average 100+ fps on a GTX 1050ti which is way worse than the GTX 1070.
Honestly, for 60 FPS someone could probably run in on a regular 1050 since every texture is 1024x1024 max

3 Likes

The CPU and Ram is the main workers, when you get access to the whole Alpha verison you’ll realise that those zombies will drain it all. We’ve done a survey with 13 different PC builds. It should be right.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s true. my CPU and Ram carry my GPU hard. Ryzen 5 2600x, and 32gbs of 3200mhz ram. The only thing my computer needs is a fresh 3070 and then I’ll think about upgrading anything else

1 Like

I could never make a game that realistic looking and then hide it away behind dark lighting. Looks good though when can we get a tutorial on how to do all that???

1 Like

Programs I use:

Blender, Substance Painter, FireAlpaca & Roblox Studio.

Things to look into to make something like this yourself:

How to use PBR,
What is ‘Future is Bright?’,
How to model in Blender.

4 Likes

So I played the game on my sister’s computer running an i5 10400 with intel uhd 630 graphics and 8gbs of 2666mhz ram, and at max settings it was getting 30fps. and 40-50 fps on level 8 graphics.
Keep in mind, nothing is overclocked because the power supply cant even handle an extra GT 1030

1 Like

Yeah we found the perfect specs for both “Minimum” and “Recommended” graphics! :smiley:

1 Like

Looks better than pretty much any roblox horror game I’ve ever seen. Nice work!

3 Likes

Is it fine if i see a pic of the zombies, its usually what ruins a game realisticness.

Who said we were making Roblox Characters? We’re making high definition full PBR textures zombies, animated and rigged in Blender. I’ve worked on source games for 5 years, what do you think? - That I would make a triple A game and then put Roblox zombies in it? LOL. Don’t worry man! You can join our Discord for images though.

5 Likes

Wow, this game was only started this year, great job!

2 Likes

But since you asked, here you go.
This is an EXAMPLE of what it will look like. Neither me or my friends are good with humanoid characters, so we’re retweaking this asset.

12 Likes

YEP THOSE ARE QUITE REALISTIC, but what would be more scarier is the new gen of these socalled zombies

Heres the newgen zombies

11 Likes

What do you mean? What is this? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oders. The realisive destruction of children getting with pixelated people and finding out their 30 years old later on…

5 Likes

Have you uploaded this to Roblox yet, it could get taken down for excessive gore.

1 Like

I’m so confused right now. :blush:

2 Likes