rFrameAnimator | A brand new Animation Editor

I use the normal roblox animation plugin, moon is not bad but is too compex. Your animator looks good. Good luck with your project!

2 Likes

Because 1 feature isn’t working as expected? Well, that’s a bit of an overreaction, don’t you think?

2 Likes

This is a huge difference to Moon, I like it because it looks easy to get around in it, unlike moon, theirs is kind of hidden and hard to find everything.

1 Like

Yeah, i guess it’s a bit of a overreaction, but it’s because the feature was (at least for me) never been done/displayed on a public plugin.

(And is something i’ve wanted for years.)

3 Likes

Stop hating on his creation it may not be for you so don’t come and hate on it. It’s just a plugin, grow up.

4 Likes

Are there animation events in this plugin?

By any chance, are you going to add IK?

1 Like

There currently aren’t, but It’s on my list of things to add in future updates.

I love the innovation you created with this plugin but I feel like you released it too early. Most of the key binds don’t work (Not even Ctrl+Z :frowning: ) and it doesn’t have anything going for it besides the graph editor.

Also another REALLY big thing this plugin doesn’t have is Local Space. For example:

If I have a head that is rotated and I want it to look at something in the next keyframe but I don’t like the default keyframes, Using the graph editor makes it IMPOSSIBLE especially if I want to make my own easing style because the head is rotated in a weird way (Also I cant switch between Position and Rotation in the graph editor).

You should have a option to use Local Space like in Moon Animator for the Move and Rotation tools and the Graph Editor.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + Y should be working as expected, I just tested it to check and it did work fine for me. Are you maybe referreing to the ChangeHistoryService being disabled? If so then thats also intentional, because CHS does not work in plugins and I had to replace it with a custom Service.

The Graph Editor is supposed to be the main difference between rFrame and other plugins. But which plugin you prefer is of course entirely up to you.

Being able to switch between World -and Local Space is a good idea and one of the things I’m going to add soon.

I disabled the Rotation option in the graph editor, because I had some difficulties implementing it. It will be enabled again when I finish my re-write of the Graph Editor and manage to make it work.

4 Likes

Amazing to hear!

After you add all of that plus some quality of life changes and a new UI this will definitely be my main plugin for animating!

1 Like

I really recommend this for ingame animations but for making videolike animations I would use moon animator

Despite me only using it for an hour or so, this is a really promising plugin. The graph, out of anything else, is incredibly useful for visualizing motion. I’ve used many programs such as Blender and Source Filmmaker for an incredibly long time that I’m used to using graphs. And because of this, its been hard for me to animate using Moon or Default. And while it’s in a limited state, it’s very useful. And I can’t wait to use it for serious work.

Although, there are a few issues that I have. Most of them are small, but worth pointing out. For instance, in Moon, the side of the graph displays the name of the corresponding part rather than the name of the Motor6D itself. It would be great to have an option that shows us the name of the part (or maybe even both).

Another issue that I have is how chunky the UI design is. One thing that separates Moon from Default is its compact and simplistic design. And while my monitor big enough for the UI, it’d be nice to have the option to opt in for a more compact design. Although, this really boils down to personal preference.

Speaking of preferences, I hope in the future that you’re going to allow users to customize their experience. That’s another big edge that Moon has over this plugin. User customization goes a very long way, and will definitely help with the overall experience (even as something as trivial as theme customization will make people happy).

And that’s really it for my issues with this plugin! There’s not that many issues that I’ve experienced and even the issues that I did mention ultimately boils down to personal preference rather than a fundamental flaw with your plugin. Can’t wait to see what you can do with this! =D

4 Likes

When is the graph editor going to get a rotation mode / is there already a rotation mode?

The rotation mode is currently disabled:

1 Like

My honest opinion here is that Moon Animator is still a little bit better, Moon has a ghost rig which lines out where the rig was and also has the ability to mirror animations, and some other stuff which is related to customization and cinematic animations. But overall it’s a pretty solid animation plugin, one thing that makes it stands out is it’s graph editor, but that’s all really.

Yay I love this! Another animator, which is better! Could you possibly add a keybind menu, where you can edit your keybinds? I would prefer to use CTRL + SHIFT + Z instead of CTRL + Y.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the UI is probably the biggest flaw right now, especially the Menu. That being the case I started by re-designing the Menu UI.

3 Likes

Update 1 is out!

New/Changed Features:

• added multi select in the Graph Editor (Ctrl + mouse drag/click)
  • UI re-design
  • multi-colored Handles

Bug fixes:

• fixed exporting inaccuracy
  • fixed shortcuts sometimes not working
  • better performance (optimized some calculations and algorithms)

8 Likes

do it allow us animating bones? Like… click it normally and animate