Rich Text

Using 2D text objects can be a real pain sometimes. (Textlabels and boxes) A lot of advanced effects require multiple labels and formatting them can be a huge problem and annoyance. There’s been multiple solutions before to try to remedy this and I would like to bring this up. I suggest basic text formatting in the form of tags. This would allow ease of bold, italics, and multi color support. (multi color being the most useful feature here)

Most engines have support for this.
Unity: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/StyledText.html

Unity has the most simple solution by making it a property and accepting tags similar to the ones in HTML. I’d really like to see this become a feature. It could either be used as a property of sorts (RichTextEnabled) or new RichTextLabel or RichTextBox classes could be made.

26 Likes

SUPPORT!!!

have asked for this and they were reviewing the idea, but I haven’t heard any updates about the review

1 Like

So I’m just going to necro-bump this topic.

I could really use this feature right now - I’m kinda sick of having to make separate TextLabels when all you want is a font or color difference.

4 Likes

Support!

1 Like

I think @Tiffblocks has mentioned working on something like this relatively recently.

Edit: She said that she may be working on it last year. Unsure of her progress on it.

3 Likes

If you’re in a pinch right now @EmeraldSlash, I have a module that makes it pretty easy to get pretty good results: https://www.roblox.com/library/1014847041/Rich-Text-Markup

7 Likes

Ty lol

I guess I’ll have to make do with that

1 Like

Necro-Bump.
With the release of new textbox additions, this for textlabels would be a great follow up :smile:

5 Likes

Full on support here. TextLabels n stuff needs more properties. Like ‘TextStrokeSize’, ‘Bold’, and all that would be a great addition to roblox!

2 Likes

Rich Text is live and UI Stroke is in Studio Beta.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.