RichText [TextScaled Support Added]

I think it is a very useful function that will help us do amazing things with text on Roblox, I can’t wait for official release!

2 Likes

Finally it’s an official feature, been waiting for this for ages! :3

1 Like

Fantastic change. I have wanted this for so long, it’s finally here! Amazing.

1 Like

Really hyped to see this update to text, It really just gives it a new feel!

3 Likes

When is this going out of Beta?

5 Likes

Found a bug with RichText, with blank lines:

With the text

test

test2

When RichText is enabled, it becomes

test
test2

Which as you can see demonstrated below, isn’t correct. (the darker text is RichText = false, the lighter text is RichText = true)

The text in the above image (for both) is:

test
5 Likes

This isn’t working in game, I believe it’s because its still in beta but is there a way to have it enabled in game?

2 Likes

No, beta features live in studio are not live in-games unless specified otherwise.

2 Likes

I can see bots creating fake login links in games that will look much more believable now, but what can you really do besides banning their games before too many people get scammed? Bots are sadly probably going to be inevitable on roblox at this point.

1 Like

When will this beta become public so it works in game?

2 Likes

I unfortunately will not be able to use this until TextScaled is supported. Hopefully that is prioritized as it is important for games with properly scaled UI!

1 Like

I can see why its not supported right now though. The actual text (for instance) is “<b>TEXT</b>
But the text that is shown to players is just TEXT, so I guess its kinda hard to estimate the perfect text size to fit a textlabel

But there is alternatives to TextScaled, for instance I do label.TextSize = label.AbsoluteSize.Y + 5, and it works fine for the most part

pretty cool update, sadly it doesnt really work with the typewriter text effect

https://gyazo.com/8740429005d18b8e10cbe9b8c9d9cb42

Hmm. This Rich Text thing looks a lot like HTML.

richtext also doesnt work with text scaled for some reason :confused:

You don’t know how much I’ve been waiting for this. Hopefully most of the major problems will be resolved and rich text will exit beta state.

This is extremely useful. As an idea, why don’t you work on a text editor, such as the one here?

Make sure to read the entire announcement before replying as your problem or question may have already been addressed.

At this time, TextScaled is not supported. However, it is already on their roadmap for this quarter to add support for text scaling when using rich text.

I love how many possibilities there are with RichText. For example, I just made this wavy rainbow text using RichText and string patterns.

wavy rainbow text

Here’s how I accomplished it but for chat. I don’t recommend using it for a chat system since it won’t get filtered but with a little editing, you can use the same algorithm for your in-game text.

18 Likes

The reason it doesn’t work is because it’s typing each character individually.
For instance, if I’m telling it to type

<b>Foo</b> <i>Bar</i>

The bold tag won’t be completed and Foo won’t be bold until the entirety of the closing tag is typed.

If you want it to work, you’ll have to implement an edge case for when it is typing tags, just have it type all tags instantly, without delay, and if a tag is open, close it until it gets closed by the typewriter.

3 Likes