RichText [TextScaled Support Added]

You don’t know how much I’ve been waiting for this. Hopefully most of the major problems will be resolved and rich text will exit beta state.

This is extremely useful. As an idea, why don’t you work on a text editor, such as the one here?

Make sure to read the entire announcement before replying as your problem or question may have already been addressed.

At this time, TextScaled is not supported. However, it is already on their roadmap for this quarter to add support for text scaling when using rich text.

I love how many possibilities there are with RichText. For example, I just made this wavy rainbow text using RichText and string patterns.

wavy rainbow text

Here’s how I accomplished it but for chat. I don’t recommend using it for a chat system since it won’t get filtered but with a little editing, you can use the same algorithm for your in-game text.

18 Likes

The reason it doesn’t work is because it’s typing each character individually.
For instance, if I’m telling it to type

<b>Foo</b> <i>Bar</i>

The bold tag won’t be completed and Foo won’t be bold until the entirety of the closing tag is typed.

If you want it to work, you’ll have to implement an edge case for when it is typing tags, just have it type all tags instantly, without delay, and if a tag is open, close it until it gets closed by the typewriter.

3 Likes

This is one of the best if not the best update about the TextGuis, its really helpfull, i even made a plugin based on this beta (spoiler: heavy inspired by @JohnnyMorganz)

This would help a lot, hope this will come out.

Thanks Roblox, thanks

1 Like

It’s very nice, just tested it in Studio! But one issue which is kinda huge for me is that you cannot have TextScaled on if you use RichText, for me this feature is very needed.

1 Like

I am happy with the feature, before, I used to get frustrated at UI limitations, with this, UIgradient and
UI corner this is no longer the case.

1 Like

Are the fonts such as ArialBold, SourceSansBold, GothamBold or Semi-bols & Black going to be removed?

1 Like

I can say it is unlikely they will be removed, as it will break many older games and simpler use cases which do not justify RichText.

1 Like

Yes, i am having the same bug, this is not only you

This could be a great tutorial for #resources!

I know I’d certainly like to know how to do this!

2 Likes

Sometimes when you have Richtext enabled in the textlabel it gets disabled again. Or possibly happens because maybe not everyone has Richtext enabled in Studio beta features.

[teamcreate]

1 Like

At least this will make text more interesting. Thank you for adding this!

comic sans next :joy: :sob:

However Rich Text looks amazing

Yea, I have experienced this bug too. It seems to only happen in Team create places for me.

1 Like

Will there be support for anything like shaky/vibrating text?

Another amazing update! Can’t wait to try it!

1 Like

Going back on my previous post here are some pictures of what I mean,

This is when RichText is enabled in Team Create.

This is when disconnected or just closing studio and reopening the game. The RichText is no longer enabled.

(The Beta Feature is still enabled)

10 Likes

I cant wait for this feature to work In-Game and use it. This is such a big upgrade for the UI system :smiley: