RichText [TextScaled Support Added]

This is nice, but we also need custom emojis. It would allow us to use our own currency icons and such in text boxes. That way, we wouldn’t have to use image labels to imperfectly place the icons.

3 Likes

I have beat everyone in this form reply section to it. Recorded history.

13 Likes

Haha, we saw this already when the UICorner description bugged out and said the same description as this :eyes:

2 Likes

okokokokok what the heck
Thats amazing, now i dont have to do the slow process of making an ImageLabel or making another TextLabel and turning on TextStrokeColor3 to make it look bolder. I can do that and a whole lot more in like 5 seconds
and yes i know im late but hold the phone bro, this is pretty cool

1 Like

Finally, this feature is really all I needed—no more adding multiple TextLabels just because several words on a single line need to be a different color.
Can’t wait to test it out.

1 Like

Good to have but seems a bit cumbersome to use, akin to posting on forums years ago when you had to manually type out text markup.

Hope someone makes a widget to make this a more streamlined thing to use.

2 Likes

The current markdown isn’t the most convenient for users, so i’m gonna have to make another parser for this stuff. oh lord.

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this, this is gonna be amazing for custom chat systems, announcers, system messages, etc. I can think of many use cases here.

1 Like

I have a script editor already with highlighting, but it overlays with colored textlabels instead since it was made before this was made.
Now I can upgrade it with this.

1 Like

Am I smelling the possibility of custom fonts in the future? :eyes:

1 Like

I can’t believe this has finally been added!
This is an amazing feature, before this, I had to use a plugin.
I generally make story games which have challenges in them, so it will be much easier to highlight the important parts or text from the dialog system!
Thank you Roblox for adding this in!

Wow! Now I guess I don’t need to use Defaultio’s RichText Module anymore lol

1 Like

:raised_hands: Finally some integrated text options. It makes typewriter modules way more functional.

One word: AWESOME!
More words: Why not markdown? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I been waiting for cool update that this:)

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve been waiting for the RichText update. Time to test it in studio.

1 Like

When will we be able to use markup? (HTML support for not just forum administrators would be cool too.)

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting use for this: Tweening the size and color to create a text entry animation.

I’m not sure how practical this is since we’re updating a bunch of rich text parameters every frame, but its probably(?) better than creating separate TextLabels for each character.

Here’s an rbxl file of this for those interested, feel free to use it as you wish.

RichTextTween.rbxl (22.5 KB)

The amount of game-changing features coming out recently gives me a lot of hope for the future of this platform. If the engine and tools can catch up to the rest of the market, Roblox may stick around for years to come. :+1:

47 Likes

This will be great from a lot of perspectives! Text is evolving.

2 Likes

This is one of the greatest features that could come to UI (viewports are the number one for me). This will significantly ease the pain of constantly creating new textboxes for different effects

2 Likes