Rig won't import properly

I made this dinosaur in blender and rigged it there with the intentions of animating it in roblox, figured this could be done easily since I have done the same with a shark I made in 3ds max back when mesh deformation just released, but for some reason the rig acts almost entirely different than it does in blender. As you can see from the images below part of the rig just doesn’t even exist(despite those bones showing up in the import avatar tab). The bones on the left side for some reason control everything on the right side now too(this isn’t supposed to happen either). I have closed the session and reopened it, tried importing in different places, checked through the import menu for things I may have missed and I don’t see anything that should cause issues. How might I fix this?

2 Likes

I have tried renaming some of the bones in blender, even though they didn’t have the same name to begin with as they were all designated by the .R and .L symmetry system blender has, but this of course did not work either, and I do want to once again clarify that all of the bones show up in the roblox import menu, and some are absent when the mesh loads in. I would say the symmetrize function in blender may be at fault if those top 2 bones on the arms and back legs were not present as they are created the same way as the rest of the bones in those limbs. I can not think of anything else, is this just a roblox bug? There are no relevant output messages either.

The bones listed properly in the avatar importer menu:
Screenshot_4

Many of those bones are also missing from the explorer:
Screenshot_5

The bones are properly present in Blender:

1 Like