Ro-Access [V1.1]

Hello Developers,

I’m proud to present Ro-Access! A new system that allows Roblox games to use steam-like keys!

What does it do?
It allows for paid-access games to have access keys for testers, social media promoters and more!

How does it work?
Instead of being a paid-access experience, we use a gamepass for accessing it instead. This allows for access-keys to be an actual thing!

How do I get it?
Thru this link: Ro-Access V1.1 - Roblox

How do I use it?

Full Explanation

First get the model from the Link, then insert it into your game. After that, go to the model and put everything where it belongs (the folder names)

Now you need to get a Free Pastebin account. Then, you have to create a new paste and make its contents your access-keys for whatever you need! They should be formatted like this:
ACCESS-KEY-1,OOGA-BOOGA,LOLTHISISAKEY

Then you need to go to the Configuration modulescript inside the RoAccess Folder.
There, you can configurate 4 things:

• The Access Key URL
  • The Experience/Game Access Pass ID
  • The Access Check Time
  • The Immunes

Once you have your paste ready, click raw on the website. Then copy that URL and paste it in to the AccessKeyURL spot.

The Experience/Game Access Pass ID should be one of your experiences Game Passes that you’ll use for allowing access to the game.

The Access Check Time is the time between checking if a player has access or not.

The Immunes are the people that don’t need the Access Pass or an Access Key to experience your experience/game. (Like game creators or administrators)

Why did you create this?
I recently saw this post on the devforum, and had nothing to do. So I decided to create this system!

Setup and Demonstration video: Ro-Access: Setup [RE-UPLOAD] - YouTube

How do I add my own UI?
Unfortunately, you cannot use your own UI currently. I’m adding that functionality later on. You can still edit the provided UI normally, without renaming things.

Update Log:

V1.0

Launched system.
Had an insecurity that allowed exploiters to see your keys.

V1.1 (Latest)

Patches:

• Fixed insecurity

Features:

• Added in-studio keys functionality
  • Added One time key configurations
  • Added Pastebin key toggling.

In Progress:

• Custom UI Mods
  • Plugin for configuration

I hope this helps you,
OceanTubez

11 Likes

This seems for interesting!
I very much plan to use this, thank you for creating this service.

Seems underrated.

:heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for appreciating my work!

I hope to see your project do well.

Added Setup Tutorial

Link to video: Ro-Access: Setup - YouTube

Overrated.

Just kidding. Hopefully this model blows up

1 Like

Oh and by the way, this is not a plugin.

I might work on making an installing plugin, but for now it is what is.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just make a testing place that is private to the developers? I feel like implementing this takes longer than doing that. Publish as exists.

1 Like

Uhh, I don’t think you understand the point of this dude.

This was to have access-keys implemented for paid access games.
For example, if you got a youtuber to promote your “paid” access game, you’d give him a access key and boom! he’d be able to play the game.

It states that premium payouts are not allowed on paid access games. By doing this, you essentially bypassing and using a game pass instead. I think most YouTubers or famous people could afford a game that is usually only 25 - 100 robux. That’s only 25 cents to 1 USD

3 Likes

Insanely broken and it doesnt work why do we need raws? why cant it just be a code system like all other games I mean how steam keys work is the dev makes a key and gives it out, this system requires buying a gamepass which no matter what costs 1 robux,
also its broken the yt vid is broken
its unclear what we do…
CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A SYSTEM THAT USES CODES THAT DEVS CAN MAKE IT WOULD BE SO EASY

1 Like

IT DOES USE KEYS. Did you even read the tutorial?
The reason it uses pastebin is because you can add and remove keys without having to go to studio and do all o that.

I feel like you should just remove the pastebin system, it does feel a little harder and for me it does not work. Could be just me.

New Edited UI for all purpose use.

Should work.

Did you make sure that HTTP requests are on?

I will make sure to include that in the new Mods section for Ro-Access.

On ur module located on ReplicatedStorage your better doing this without need to call a function

return {
– your configs, dont put local Config = {…}
}

So when ever the module is required you insteadly can use it without need to call the get function for the data config

local config = require…

print(table.unpack(config))

Also this system is not safe this key able to be readed by exploiter using Dex or something else tool that could read module & local script

The key isn’t available inside the game, the keys are stored in a pastebin.

So the exploiter can’t do anything.

Pretty cool stuff, but why go through the trouble of making a key system? If you want to make something like this a lot simpler couldnt you just make a gamepass and check if the player bought the game pass to determine if they are allowed to play? You could also use pastebin for a “whitelist” of userids if you wanted to as well.

This also seems like it would be confusing to the end user if they hit play and then realize that they cant actually play for free.

I think they mean an exploiter could view the pastebin url (since its not a server script), and visit the paste themselves to see all keys

As i said already before exploiter able to read inside module code that mean exploiter able to copy the pastebin link for the key