Ro-Access [V1.1]

On my way for the patch. It will be released today.

1 Like

So that testers/youtuber don’t have to pay to play the game or promote the game.

This is really useless, just have the person pay you upfront and just add them to a whitelist. This just overcomplicates it for no absolute reason. Then again you might say what if there are a lot of players buying it so it’s hard to do it manually, then Roblox by default has paid games.

The point is for no paying to happen. They can play your experience/game for free.

Then a simple whitelist would work? Why go the extra mile to generate “access-codes”…?

So that people who you want to not pay right now, but afterwards and also without opening studio, can play normally (like social media promoters) but also keeping the paywall for normal users. There is a whitelist, particularly “Immunes” that you can add and don’t need to pay.

If you don’t like this system, don’t use it.

Update Released: V1.1

Patches:

• Fixed insecurity that allowed exploiters to access keys

Features:

• Added in-studio keys functionality
  • Added One time key configurations
  • Added Pastebin key toggling.

Again, they are social media promoters they are more than cable of sparing a few cents for a developer.

Never said I didn’t, what I’m doing is being a critic. You are on the dev forum and your gonna get feedback so you will have to deal with it.

How about testers? And what if the promoters don’t pay? (actually happens alot)

Testers don’t want to pay, but they still want to play the game and check it out.

This resource is still a valid option.

That is why we have a separate game for testing, so testing data doesn’t interfere with the production data and whatnot.

Patch has been released. Make sure to update your system!

What if you don’t want to have a testing game?
What if you just want a system with access keys?
What if you want to have your testing game to also use access keys?

There’s a lot of reasons to use this.

Which all loops back to my answers

Testing Game: Avoids bugs and mistakes in the production version of the game. Allows the use of a whitelist and makes the main game a purchasable game.

Access Keys: Useless, use a simple whitelist.

Access Keys In Testing Game: Simply use a whitelist, why would you want to make your testing game purchasable for the public, it simply goes against the purpose of what a testing game is.

God, why are you criticizing so much?

Maybe you have a one-time tester?
Someone wanted a system with Access Keys, then I saw a post about it, so I created it.

THERE IS A WHITELIST FEATURE IN THIS SYSTEM bruh

Freedom of speech? and I simply don’t get the point of the “access codes”

Remove them from the whitelist?

An overcomplicated version.

1 Like

Have you even looked at the whitelist?

It’s a simple table with UserIDs. If you think that’s overcomplicated, you need some help.

Not talking abt the whitelist, I’m talking abt the “access codes”. It’s whatever but take my feedback into consideration because I’m not going to be replying to this thread anymore as it’s against Devforum TOS.

I’m going to keep this resource open.
It’s still useful.

I’m going to stop replying aswell.

It really isn’t. It may be to you, but not for most of us.

Why would I generate random access codes, when I could simply do this:

export type playerWhitelist = {[string]: {string}}

local whitelist: playerWhitelist = {
    [1] = {"Tester", "Owner Of Roblox"}
    -- key: user id, value: roles
}

I would consider making a resource that simplifies the above and doesn’t overcomplicate it.

If they are in the dictionary, then let them through without a gamepass, and if they aren’t, sell it. But honestly, it would be better to sell upfront.

This resource DOESNT GENERATE RANDOM ACCESS CODES.
This has a whitelist, and it’s not overcomplicated.
There’s even a YouTube video of me showing how to set it up.

I’m working on the plugin version, which I hope will be easier.