Ro-Tasks: Speed up and change your workflow [v3.0.2]

It should supports team create. as it just registers comments with specific marks in scripts. just make sure you save the edits in the script so it pops up for everyone.

2 Likes

How neat, do you see this as the final form or do you intend to add any website cross-functionality or other?

other than the features that are yet to come I am currently making a Visual Studio Code add-in with the same functionality as a lot of people use rojo for their projects, I’ll be sure to announce the release of that and the other features when they arrive.

2 Likes

Great plugin!

Though there’s a pretty serious issue where it freezes studio for 10 seconds for every letter that I type. I would definitely look into that!!

3 Likes

This issue should be fixed as of the new update. This update includes selective searching that is usable for builders too as suggested by @Solar_Wraith. (see update logs in the OP)

Major Update

So a rather convenient update has been pushed to the plugin, this will needs quite some explaining on how this exactly functions, what to do and what you shouldn’t do.

So what is this supposedly major update? well… MULTI-LINE SUPPORT is here. Put in any text into the task section, who cares how long it is! To demonstrate I grabbed a generated Lorem Ipsum text into the multi-lined comment section.

So what things should you do and what things shouldn’t you do?

Do:

• make sure the text is below or above the title end suffix( : ) or both. why not put the title and task prefix in the middle? it’s not like it’ll make a difference in your work flow other than convenience!
  • Use as much space as you want. it has a support of over 10k lines per card (absurd, but if you need it why not)
  • want to create a new multiline card? make a new multi-line comment.

Don’t:

• Putting a multi-line task on a single line (why even would you?)
  • Starting with the text on the same line as the title.
  • making a second multi-line card in the same multi-line comment as a different card.

Functionality of the card is the same as all the other cards, clicking it will either direct you to the title of the card or the object depending on the scope (#editor, #scene or no scope)

v2.0.0
8 Likes

Hello, I have installed this plugin and nothing seems to be working. I have reset studio and even reseted my whole computer and still no good. This is what I have put into the local script, could you tell me if anything is wrong? Thanks, Michael_Eastgate

The plugin only looks in section that allow scripts to run. on top of that due to the recent update in team create you’ll have to commit the changes before they pop up. this will hopefully be fixed in the next patch when i convert some stuff.

If it weren’t regarding either of those please do PM me so this issue can be resolved.

Bravo - I love this plugin. Awesome idea and design.

Great plugin! Wish there was a completion option e.g right clicking a task and marking it as complete thus removing the comment. Since now when I finish a task I have to go into the script and delete the piece of comment. One thing I assumed was that headers would sort of work like categories and visually group together tasks since if I use the same header like “TODO” it will quickly become redundant information.

1 Like

currently the headers do work like a visual group. when using the search bar and entering a header’s name it will pick everything with those headers as name (sadly including texts that match that name aswell, still working on selective searching as stated in the to-do list)

This plugin helps me a lot. Thank you

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the proxy service access pop-up. I want to clarify that this access request is 100% safe.
the only allowed place the proxy is able to go to is to devforum.roblox.com and it will stay that way. If you don’t trust it you can deny it as it only will disable the update notifier as that’s bound to the OP

The reason a proxy service is used is because roblox does not allow you to directly connect to the roblox domain from within studio or in game, this is simply a work around to retrieve the latest version from the post itself rather than constantly needing to update a 3rd party website such as a pastebin or whatever.

This has already been explained in the OP but not as elaborated, therefore the clarification

11:00:44.515 - [VERSION RETRIEVE ERROR]
11:00:44.518 - HTTP 503 (Service Unavailable).
11:00:44.519 - Please notify us about this error here:
11:00:44.520 - Ro-Tasks: Speed up and change your workflow [v3.0.2]

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll be reworking some stuff on Tuesday regarding the plugin so this won’t happen again.
Note that the plugin is still functional, it just won’t notify you when new updates are out until it’s fixed.

I just got the same exact thing as they did.

Estimated ETA? I hate to be ‘that guy’ but extra stuff in my output bothers me, I’d disable plugin output messages but the beta output is broken. :stuck_out_tongue:

@grif_0 @Mapyo I’ve already fixed it as stated in the patch notes in the OP. This has been published about 2 days ago.
just update the plugin and that’ll do.

Same error someone sent above:

22:26:12.835 - [VERSION RETRIEVE ERROR]

22:26:12.838 - HttpError: SslVerificationFail.

22:26:12.839 - Please notify us about this error here:

22:26:12.839 - https://devforum.roblox.com/t/ro-tasks-speed-up-and-change-your-workflow/458276

Hey there,
This is an error on the http side of the plugin, I can’t do much about this since the verification to connect to the domain has failed, this hopefully won’t pop up more than once in a row when the plugin refreshes.

If it does pop up more often let me know again and I’ll see if I can get rid of the logging and make it only log when manually pressing a button.

In case you’re still on version 2.2.2, please update to 2.2.3 to get some stuff fixed.

Thank you!