Ro-Tube, The Roblox Youtube [TRY]

Hello Developer Forum members!

Yesterday I started making a game called Ro-Tube. I was wondering if I could get some feedback and criticism.

Questions:

Can the project get copyrighted?

Is it worth continuing it?

Would it get popular?

What could be added and/or improved?

Sorry if your ears were hurt. :sweat_smile:

22 Likes

Ah, theres one big problem on it. You should set the screengui to have ingoreguiinset on, that’ll fix that gap showing the sky. also, make sure all default humanoid movement types are on scriptable. (So the movement buttons don’t appear for mobile users.)

7 Likes

Thank you! I’ll change those right away!

1 Like

Try and make the GUI cover the whole screen. I don’t think you will get copyrighted since Roblox said it was free to use. I love the creativity in this game! Nice job :+1: :slight_smile:

Thank you! I already fixed that, thanks to @ImTheBuildGuy .

2 Likes

That’s amazing! I hope your game will become successful one day because, I think you have an amazing amount of potential!

Thank you, it means a lot to me! I also hope someday it becomes a bit popular.

1 Like

Updated video is here! Some things have been fixed.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize there was a search bar, and I’m pretty impressed! I like how you made the GUI fitted the whole screen it looks amazing, keep up the amazing work!

1 Like

I’m also currently adding a pause button and volume controller.

3 Likes

WOW! Now that is next level! This WILL be an amazing game!

3 Likes

Aww, thank you! I’m pretty impressed myself that I am able to make this.

2 Likes

The volume controller might be a good idea for those who do not want to change the volume on their device or by Roblox ingame settings

2 Likes

Yeah, true! But I’m mainly adding it for eh hem NOM NOM NOM.

3 Likes

One thing that I really want to add is uploading your own videos! (Of course when people can add videos themselves). Of course if I ever am ABLE to add it you could add thumbnails and titles.

1 Like

They would have to go through moderation first though. I also think that the video uploaders need to pay even more robux to moderate their videos. (Actually we already have the 500Robux thumbnail video fee as an example) So not all players might be able to upload videos unless they take some free videos for the library

If I ever add uploading, I would make it either a Premium Benefit, costing robux or adding a Ro-Tube Premium. (you’d be able to upload let’s say 1 video per week)

1 Like

Maybe make it a developer product so that all can use if they have enough. But the cost of video moderation might vary

Edit: By premium benefit. Do you mean roblox premium players or players who pay a subscription fee in your game?

Maybe if a video is a minute long it could be, 1000 robux? Really depends. I’m not sure how much a video for a videoframe costs.

This looks amazing!!!

To answer your questions;

No, roblox said that all the videos are free to use.

Yes! This is so unique and a really good idea.

I think so, people would love how unique and fun the game is.

I think you should add the ability to upload, by paying a certain amount of robux. The only problem with this is that you would have to constantly check the sales to make sure you didn’t miss anyone.

Great idea and I hope to see it grow. ~crew

3 Likes