Roblox: 2018 Egg Hunt Custom Game Opportunity

EH2017 had one egg which “rained”, with the Peep Egg. You’d need quite a small handful to fill in the cracks where EH2017 felt empty and void of eggs.

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting almost 3 years for an opportunity to make an egg hunt and now that it’s here…

I have no team.

RIP me.

2 Likes

Currently looking for team members, but I’m signing up for this. Will be exciting if I get accepted, who knows?
(p.s.: If anyone is looking for a team and potentially wants to join mine, let me know)

1 Like

You in the DevForum discord?
And what do you do? Graphics, script, build, etc?

(responded through discord)

2 Likes

I personally made it rain by getting as high up as I could (such as the lip of the volcano) and shooting admin eggs out over the map. It worked pretty well except for the couple of times the eggs went to sleep in mid air or bounced off of the world or into lava (I saw a couple of people jump in after them, I felt a little bad about that).

9 Likes

how about egg drop 2018

but also don’t ruin the egg hunt, I think something that made last year’s egg hunt was that it didn’t go with what they knew would be successful, they broke away from the norms, and experimented with new things.

and with the lack of game passes and perks, at no point did I feel like I was simply buying eggs (like I have in past egg hunts). It was one of the first true egg hunts in many years, and I think much of the community can agree.

given that they are giving 6-5 months (depending when they select a thing), I think whoever gets this should start ASAP, the previous egg hunt, if I’m not mistaken they had 4 months, and it turned out great.

but with a little extra testing they could have made it much better.

2 Likes

Oooh, that’s an interesting way to go about it!

Really though, going to clarify a bit more since the first post I sent about egg rain/drop was around 3AM.

2017’s hunt was fantastic, quite an interesting take on it, but there literally is cracks of empty void that EH2017 had, where the best the void spent was useless time spent walking. A HUGE example was the Atlantis world, the walk between the spawn and the abyss being ridiculous, with a lot of that space being left empty.

As said, a lot of the little puzzles are rather neat, but with this void, it all feels rather empty. I can compare the hunt to games like Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, and whatnot. Look at those, and look at EH2017. One thing that EH2017 lacks, that both Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie have, are things inbetween to help bring interest, and guide the player. Coins and notes.

Personally, as said, it’d be good to have some form of balance between dropped eggs, and puzzle exploration eggs. Maybe a few eggs every world has, and a few drop eggs unique to each world. That would give a good amount of life in those otherwise empty areas.

3 Likes

100% agreed. The last egg hunt was by far my favorite even with all the void. With that said, this year’s egg hunt team needs to assure themselves that the game will be fun and interesting while still not being pay-to-win. That’s my personal take on it.

Back to being team-less.

Do all team members have to be on the DevForums?

The amount of devforum members in your team can vary between 0 and the size of your whole team. This opportunity is posted in the public section of the forum, so any team can apply as long as they meet the age requirement listed in OP.

Alright, thanks.

I’m interested in joining a dev team in need of a drawing artist

As one of the developers who worked on the Egg Hunt of 2017, I do agree with your views. Our game had it’s flaws and we did what we could to try to avoid that - but it’s a lot easier said than done. Also easy to say hindsight. :wink:

Making a game of this caliber in 4 months is no easy deed. As a contract team you also get some dictation to what you can and can not do, so you’re not 100% free to make the game the way you imagine it, even though custom games have more freedom than other sponsored events might have.

But all in all - to anyone considering this contract: go for it! This project was the coolest project of my life (so far), and I learned so much through the 4 months the project went on.

10 Likes

GOSH so many games I want to make but so little time! Good luck to the team working on this!!

2 Likes

True, it is easy to say in hindsight, but pointing it out here isn’t to get upset that the past could have been different, but instead to help the future. It’s the next hunt, the next team could hopefully keep this in mind and work with both to help next year’s hunt hopefully surpass the 2017 hunt.

1 Like

Hopefully our team gets in we will pack some heat.

1 Like

Maybe next year they could give more than 4 months.

/shrug

1 Like

Good luck to everyone who applies! :smiley_cat:

1 Like