Roblox: 2018 Egg Hunt Custom Game Opportunity

And when you haven’t play-tested the alternative :wink:. The vast size of the 2017 EggHunt maps contributed a lot to the atmosphere and feeling that the places were worlds rather than rooms. Sure, there were spots where I would have appreciated a fast sprint key, but I personally would not have wanted them to shrink the worlds.

7 Likes

Vast doesn’t have to mean empty. I still stand my ground in saying that some eggs filling in the emptier spots, along with a slightly faster speed, would have fixed the issue. Sure, the feeling of rooms may be bad, but rooms connected to long hallways isn’t going any further past that issue, especially in cases where you need to trek the same hallway over and over and over.

A good way it could have been done may have been a balance between the default speed, and the speed you got when wearing the bunny ears. Not exactly a sprint, but still fast enough to not make the empty paths less of a chore.

Past that is the previously mentioned sprinkling of eggs. A few ways I would suggest is maybe animals or insects with simpler things to do, or maybe plastic eggs? Would’ve been pretty neat to have one plastic egg color per world, maybe even have them hatch to give little prize hats to keep… So long as we kept the shells, anyways. Don’t want another Egg Hunt 2013 incident.

1 Like

Just thought id throw out a small “good luck” message to all the teams signing up for the developer group. This is a huge oppurtunity for the entire developer community, both old members and new ones, to show off their skills to the entire world through ROBLOX. Good luck to each and every one of us, and congrats to whichever team gets chosen to create the 2018 egg hunt! (Personally, im hoping my team does for evident reasons)

2 Likes

I won’t be applying this year, but I just want to say good luck to everyone who is :smiley:

3 Likes

Man I need a team? Great.

1 Like

@2blox2quit Any update on when the deadline could potentially be released?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Working on an event is hard work, but the experience is more than worth it. As DieSoft already mentioned, you get to work with some incredible people in a AAA style, and it looks great on a Resume.

If you have the drive, I’d 100% say go for this!

2 Likes

Umm…
Can, like, renderers apply to make the graphic stuff…
We don’t exactly have “games” we worked on…

If you make a team then yes! :smiley:

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t think I’ll have the time for this opportunity, so best of luck to all the teams attempting this!

A question, do all of the team members have to be a member of the Roblox Developers Forum?

1 Like

As you can see this was posted in the Public section, so any team can apply.

Alright, I just needed to double check :frowning:
But thanks for the clarification.

Still surprised no-one has done a ratchet & clank, jak & daxter style of game. Theyre expansive but hardly ever dull, which I think is a huge issue with almost every prior egg hunt.
Map quality has greatly improved last year, hats off to the Dev team behind it. As mentioned earlier the team had to make games for every egg, places like the hub world were great, but I think what’s really missing from the game is a change to the core game loop. For the last few years it’s been;
Spawn -> travel to egg -> perform task -> get egg -> repeat.

Players are spending the majority of their time in the second phase of the loop, and there’s no engagement there. If you can make movement fun and challenging you will win. Collect-a-thons have been nailing this, a hat in time is a fantastic example.

I wish the chosen team the best with the project!

9 Likes

I wanted to do this so bad in 2017. Please make this happen. +1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I may or may not have been looking at making demo mechanics…

1 Like

I really would like to join a team of developers, if anyone has space on their team please let me know. I specialize in scripting and UI design. However, I have experience and skill in every area needed to create a game; animation, graphics, audio, building, 3D modeling/texturing (using maya).

I am easy to work with, mature, very creative, and talented. I can manage tasks and deliver on time. I don’t need any money, I am just looking for the experience. Thanks for reading this and considering me for a part of your team. You can contact me on Discord, Twitter or the Dev Forum.

Discord: Henry#5446
Twitter: @HenryTheDev

Links to previous projects:

I’ve been developing on Roblox since 2010; these are just my best playable projects.

5 Likes

noot noot

2 Likes

You put it pretty nicely! I’d also like to point out that the risk of failing to perform the task can sometimes be punished with death, which in some cases can get rather harsh towards the player, seeing as it just stretches out that second phase even longer. And getting lost, stretching it ever so further.

1 Like

I want to see a task where the punishment for failure is losing an egg that you already have

8 Likes