Roblox 2019 Events Update

I’ve already familiarized myself with the page, I never stated you were the problem however I did specify why I believe the present execution of live ops is poorly designed and should’ve had less leniency involved.

It’s rather difficult to remain open minded to your perspective when you’ve had multiple YouTubers cover star sorority, and having been featured countless times in the past and present (I’ve been watching your growth behind the scenes for quite some time).

Had it ever occurred to that while this arguably had been beneficial to star sorority’s growth, maybe you ended up knocking someone down from actually qualifying for this month’s selection?

My perspective:
All I’m seeing is you dominating the competition. I’m sure you have your reasons as to why you don’t want anyone else sharing the spotlight however whatever your reasons may be doesn’t alter how I strongly oppose the direction Liveops is heading.

From this point on I won’t bother responding unless it’s in DMs. If I’ve struct a nerve than I apologize for offending you, if I haven’t offended you in any shape or form than I apologize for assuming and I hope you have a blissful night Prince.

3 Likes

One of the big issues with free clothing is copying. People would take a 500 robux t-shirt and give it away for free. Then roblox decided to add that 5 robux floor price. I honestly dont think they want to change that.

1 Like

Well, copying shirts are a huge problem but if things were to be awarded for free through some sort of event, I am sure ROBLOX would have to manual approve this and probably takes more than just seeing it. As for the floor price for shirts being 5, yes it is an issue to see copied shirts sold at a cheaper price. I think there needs to be a way to handle this.

2 Likes

From my impressions of your replies, I am assuming you would like ‘Hosts (temporary) event’ to be an eligibility criteria for Live-Ops.

I don’t think it has to be made into an eligibility criteria to have to host an event to be featured on Live-Ops, because, Live-Ops were not implemented with the sole idea that they should be events, rather that they should have new content to feature, to keep the player base alive. If you would so care as to read the ‘What is Live-Ops?’ link that was in the original post by Roblox, and their own words, I believe my point is proven.

However, I have to agree with you when you would like more events hosted by these game developers, because with the removal of monthly and seasonal events, that uniqueness you’d get from games like in the Egg Hunt etc is now only ‘obtainable’ from developers hosting their own events.

4 Likes

Disappointed to see events go. I’ve wanted to become a developer so I could take part in an event, but looks like that won’t be happening. Anyone remember that calendar of monthly events they had? I was excited to see what that would offer, but looks like that won’t be happening either.

On a side note, LiveOps doesn’t seem to be faring well. When it was launched, there were 5-6 games on its page, but now for 2 or 3 weeks there were only 2 or 3 games. As well, some same games keep landing on the LiveOps page over and over again.

This LiveOps thing seems to feature updates to games that developers should already be doing. Sure, some games that have landed there HAVE done some small event (very few of which I’ve tried), but most don’t really have what should be considered an “event.” I’m not really motivated to do any of these “LiveOps,” and from seeing the other posts in this thread, it’s clear the community disagrees as well.

We just want our events back. Even just seasonal ones like the Egg Hunt would be fine.

6 Likes

A small update, since this thread keeps getting bumped again and again by users upset at the removal of events. It appears Roblox wishes for UGC to work as a replacement for events in the future.

Q: Will there be a way to reward players in-game with UGC items?
A: We definitely want to allow rewarding UGC items in-game in the future - this has been an important part of events as long as they’ve been around, and we want to empower developers to make awesome games and events with prizes. However, since UGC items cannot currently be free, we’re still working on the best way to enable rewarding them as prizes. Additionally, UGC catalog items can currently be sold through games just as Roblox-owned catalog items can.

Source: UGC Catalog is Now Live!

10 Likes

The main problem is that we don’t even get responses to our event submissions. I’ve submitted request 2-3 times now and have heard nothing back YET there are only 2 games featured on the events page instead of the usual 3-4, so basically there are 1-2 empty slots available, no staff responses to submissions, and in general the games featured there don’t even gain that much traction at all considering they only have gained 50-100 more players than their average.

Roblox will feature games daily based on developer sign ups.
Mhm…

11 Likes

Lies I did it like 2 months ago.

5 Likes

This is honestly a great update, considering that so far many of the games that were featured on live-ops have gained a significant amount of place visits. This is very useful to developers which allows them to gain more popularity for their game. The loss of events won’t be a problem anymore because of the UGC catalog, so this update is awesome!

1 Like

I can confirm this
Our team originally sent a request in a couple months ago and they did end up contacting us back about doing it but then afterward ghosted us until we sent another request in a few months later
We finally got added to the live-ops last week and it was a pretty small player boost of maybe 200-300
Not enough for a team of 3 trying to eat and pay bills

10 Likes

So, The last time I ever checked this image Was 4 months ago. I just get used to seeing this and don’t bother clicking it anymore. Is it just me or is the event thing Just gotten old and is no fun has it used to be?

11 Likes

Other than for wiki documentation purposes I have clicked the button only a couple of times and I have never once played a single game listed in there. What’s the point? Most of the games featured on there I either have no interest in or don’t feature any prizes I actually want. I was inspired to play events in the past because I could collect free items, some of which were actually really cool. Now there is no reason for me to attend these “events” as they don’t offer anything I want.

4 Likes

That is the same for me. Really no point. I Miss the old rewards at that. I am all for sponsoring developers. But to replace events with this was just the most stupidest change to roblox. They should also do what they did for top games page and add live op event. To help with getting more views.

3 Likes

Please consider reverting back to getting developers to make official events. Right now the This Week on Roblox tab is relatively rarely used, as it just blends into the website because it’s been there so long and on top of that, I haven’t seen anybody who is happy about the lack of a Halloween event this year. It’s just depressing to see that Roblox is doing absolutely nothing for Halloween this year. Roblox events are some of people’s greatest memories on the website, and now future players won’t be able to make those memories.

Sure you could argue that developers can make events for their own games, which is what Roblox is encouraging, but it’s just not the same as having an official event. You can’t receive hats and it just doesn’t feel the same as having an official game.

13 Likes

On top of this, players often participate in events strictly to obtain said items and are far less likely to join an event game that doesn’t offer official rewards. I haven’t met a single person who has checked out the “This Week On ROBLOX” tab and honestly I wonder what the statistics are for the amount of players actually looking at and joining games through that sort of system.

3 Likes

We haven’t heard anything about the bloxy awards. Are those also considered seasonal events and are gone forever?

3 Likes

I would imagine that the Bloxy Awards would still go ahead, nominations for them seem to go up from about late October to early-mid November. Plus, it’s a decent marketing opportunity for them + games involved due to award hype and they tend to be different enough from the former monthly/seasonal events to my knowledge.

5 Likes

Normally they would announce the theater applications around this time. Still no application for this year

3 Likes

Ah, didn’t see that. That is a bit concerning then. Personally I’d be surprised if they didn’t host them in 2020 but given the direction of events as of late it wouldn’t be surprising to see them scrap the theatre and just do them some other way, or just not host them at all.

I hope this isn’t the case.

5 Likes

On the other hand they are working on making the UGC catalog to work with Developer events.

4 Likes