Roblox 2019 Events Update

I have seen 4 on the page before.

2 Likes

Oh, right. Was that the first time of Live-Ops? :thinking:

1 Like

It was the first 3 or 4 I think.

2 Likes

Here is more proof of an already popular game In the live-op I barely have seen things that are not popular be able to take part.

4 Likes

Okay, that is exactly arguing against how they claimed Live-Ops is going to be ran. This was to promote games. Not stamp an already popular game on the events page. I’d respect if they go get their statements straight. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Live-Ops isn’t bad, it brings beneficial statistics to games. But… why…? Why popular games? It doesn’t promote them if they are already big. I feel it got enough promotion and there are some games out their with good potential. I really hope the people running these Live-Ops and checking on the applications read this and consider this.

10 Likes

I hope they are reading this thread has we are talking about it.

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t even go on the event page at all at first I checked it out a few times. But now I don’t bother, I just don’t see the point anymore, all it is, is in game sales or extra points boosts or a ingame item.

7 Likes

Yeah same. Plus When I see the words This week on ROBLOX. image I see the same text just different color every Thursday. But now do not even bother pressing it because theirs been no new games. It’s already famous games on it so why bother? I already saw them on the game page. The way ROBLOX Has been changing is making it all about money now. With limited at an end and with the good original events at the end its turning to the worse in my book.

5 Likes

I don’t feel like the live-ops are that great because even I played events for the accessories and removing the incentives removes the exposure. I’ve seen games barely benefit from the event… I think the idea was a novel one at that but poorly executed

4 Likes

So one of my games did do well in the Live-Ops opportunity, but only for the period of the event. Once it ended, it dropped down to normal numbers, and as time went on, the advertisement seemed to be less effective because people had already played the game once. That’s not to say that it didn’t do well, because it did do quite well, but it should be noted that in that period of time, average visit length was quite low. We usually average around 8-minutes a session with our normal player base, and in the dev-ops event, this dropped to 5 minutes. All in all, the promotion was welcomed, and given this would usually be enacted on a one day event, we can’t predict the future based on these statistics. I can’t say it didn’t make a positive difference because it did, but whether it encouraged player retention, is too early to tell. Thank you for the Promotion! I have no doubt that it will be every effective in the future!

I don’t remember Roblox saying they won’t be promoting popular games. And it makes sense that they do promote them every onc and a while. With all due respect to devs with smaller games, popular brands are going to be the ones that pull in the players. Given most front pagers have full time developers, I would not be surprised that they’d be considered in a very packed week over smaller games that maybe don’t have as much development support as Jailbreak. However, having seen the last few weeks of promotion, Roblox are definetly trying to fit in the smaller developers, and I’m glad they are doing this!

I’m not quite sure where your going with this.The DevOps page will not be targeted at a specific demographic because Roblox want to target every possible audience. Roleplay games will target one audience, while FPS games will target another. In the end though, there will be plenty of games that get up there, it’s just a matter of who applies when. Also, I’m not quite sure where badges relate into DevOps either.

They tell you well in advance whether you are doing the event or not. In our case, we had a month or so to prepare for the update we put out. However, this may differ when it changes from a week event to 1 day.

This statement doesn’t have much relation to DevOps either. In the application process, you can select which weeks you are able to get a game out. If games aren’t reaching the standards on one week, or they just didn’t have alot of applicants on one week, they’ll likely reduce the count of games displayed. We shouldn’t assume this figure as it will likely vary through the next coming weeks.

2 Likes

I think the free items for participating in the old sponsored events is something that gets overlooked, for many people who don’t purchase robux - and are therefore unable to buy things, unless they’re free - the majority of their inventory is commonly event items, such as from Egg Hunts.

While it’s good for those people interested in participating in the Live-Ops, I don’t see why it can’t be done in tandem with the old style events. If a game is popular and people want to play it, they’d play it, regardless of an event.

8 Likes

Besides the fact of what I said early about that “this week on roblox” They should just put games that are part of this event under featured games. Like Event games or something like that. That button I stopped pressing Because All the games already have over 100k+ place visits.

2 Likes

Thank you for debunking this. Sorry for the misinformation I previously stated.

1 Like

Generally I hate to be turning these things like Live-Ops down. But I honestly have huge respect with developers who really view things from a player stand point as well, I started to forget events were even a thing. I honestly am glad there are some decent sponsorships that have sponsored items released to the catalog. But what gets us interested in these “events” is a challenge to which we are rewarded at the end. If there is no incentive, there is no reason to hope anyone will visit your game for the sake of it just being in Live-Ops. I honestly wish developers would do something as like having badges being awarded in your Live-Ops games then awarding in-game items and prizes in another big name levels game. I have seen a good number of games doing this and they seem to only be role models, I seriously don’t see why others don’t do the same. Live-Ops is cool, I have no bias against much games… if they have badges, hehe. But hey, try making some bit of incentive to partake in these kinds of things otherwise nobody would care about these Live-Ops to begin with. Some people hated the change before it started and still do hate it. I hated it, realised it wasn’t bad but then had to rethink it, it wasn’t even worth taking note of as a player. We just play our normal gaming routine without events and it will be like that if there are no incentives playing other games. Incentives, incentives, incentives, all from the stand point of a player. Consider that.

4 Likes

True on game badges but uhhh problem Game badges are gone from the About section.

There is no such thing has the badges section anymore. I liget go to watch TV and come back to see no game badges.

1 Like

Ugh… this is really not a cool feature ROBLOX added… possibly the worst.

2 Likes

I still see it.

That’s because it just got fixed now

5 Likes

I posted it last night. Of course it got fixed. {Bug report fixed} Game badge missing on game badge

1 Like

I am glad they fixed this. I kinda wonder how quirky it would feel if games have badges but not visible on games page. I just hope they don’t remove badges. They probably did this as a test though.

5 Likes