Roblox 2019 Events Update

it’s pretty accurate, 97% or so don’t like this

I like your idea of the player having to accept the item they’re being given to prevent them from getting item spammed. However, I believe it would work better with an in-game CoreGui popup.
tweeter_bird

11 Likes

Eh not really. Wasn’t (fortunately) the case with the Reminder about Discord/“Discord ban” thread or the DMCA reminder (tho that could’ve been communicated better). But I still do question why Roblox staff are ignoring us with this however. More than likely it means that their decision is likely final, though that is just a guess.

Of course they don’t like this, because of the removal of events, that is just what caused the backlash. But the Live-Ops thing needs to make up for it otherwise something’s won’t be so good.

5 Likes

wait, things like roblox egg hunt hallow eve bloxy and holiday roblox are stay? or maybe is no happen anymore?..

2 Likes

I believe those mentioned events you said are canceled as categorised as “seasonal events”. Unfortunately those are canceled as well.

No official response has been stated on the future of the Bloxy’s.

Many people speculate that the Bloxy’s will stay as they likely do not cost as much compared to other events.

The Bloxy’s will most likely stay(don’t quote me on this) because, after all, Roblox is a corporation and the Bloxy’s bring in a lot of money to them. It also showcases Roblox’s community talent and helps get games/players more popular.

1 Like

Doesn’t say anything about sponsored events being removed, so I’d say that considering how easy it is to put whatever this is in the game, events are here to stay (to some extent).

Bloxys are 100% staying, since the last thing we need is the Bloxys being removed…

4 Likes

While live-ops is a good idea canceling all events is not. As a user of Roblox for over 5 years events draw more attention than a new game. Events give us something closer too real than a simple in-game item. While Live-Ops does give new developers, like me, a chance to show the Roblox community a new point of view, it increases the value of Robux. When events gave out free items they gave the user one less reason to buy items from the catalog. As the value of the Robux increases due to a cut in free items an elitist community begins to form that is less focused on creating popular and creative content but instead capitalizing off of it.

9 Likes

Oh wow so this year is the last egg hunt there’ll ever be? What a pity. Honestly I don’t even understand the meaning of this. I liked finding eggs and earning virtual items. I do gotta say that this year was a let down. The egg hunt was supposed to always have one game where you earn all the eggs. Why change it this year and add an egg to a bunch of random games that I wouldn’t even find myself playing. I’ve always loved the egg hunt and it’s just sad how there’ll be no more. What are you doing Roblox? I’m sure everyone is just going to get over it. I guess there’s no way of changing this back, oh well. They’ve always been fun though, sure going to miss them.

7 Likes

I think this might be a good thing, as it can help advertise new updates/features to games without soley having to rely on changing the title of the game everytime you want to capture attention. Putting more power to developers could be positive… plus it looks like they implemented ways to avoid exploiting it (only 1x feature a month per game etc). I’m interested.

3 Likes

I’d assume the Bloxy Awards would stay for a few reasons but the main being that it is ROBLOX tradition. So as the egg hunt, however, the Bloxys were showcasing the year’s best content creators. I’d have no doubt the Bloxys would stay.

3 Likes

Egg hunt was also tradition, although unlike egg hunt the bloxys will be staying.

4 Likes

I agree with you as Egg Hunt is a very long tradition of over 11 years!
Although I think some events are just not fun and New Roblox players are just looking for Items (for their avatar)
Here are a few seasonal events I think ROBLOX should keep:

• Egg hunt

• Hallows Eve

• Game creation challenges and quizzes

Let’s keep our fingers crossed :neutral_face:

18 Likes

Wait… if Roblox thinks that they’re stressing out developers too much, then couldn’t they just make the events from now on, like they did right until late 2014?

I’m talking about events that were made by Roblox themselves, that they all shared an account on. This account was called “Games” btw and featured events made by Roblox such as Egg Hunt 2012, Hallow’s Eve 2013: The Witching Hour, ROBLOX Thanksgiving Turkey Hunt 2013, Siege of Quebec, Cloud 9, Winter Games 2014, Egg Hunt 2014, ROBLOX University, The Boxtrolls, Hallow’s Eve 2014: The Witching Hour Returns, and last but not least… KRE-O Transformers.

1 Like

Roblox doesn’t want to pay for the event to be created. Not entirely sure how much events had been worth in terms of USD or robux in the past however 2019’s egghunts was funded by exposure and 0% taxes on micro transactions.

4 Likes

If they did it themselves, perhaps they wouldn’t have to deal with that issue nearly as much as they do now.

1 Like

I don’t believe employees are willing to do tedious work for free.

2 Likes

For anyone who needs a quick sum up of this post…

“Events are being removed (Egg Hunt : [insert egg pun name here], Hallows Eve, Christmas events, etc.) and are to be replaced by developer hosted events, to help developers who need publicity or to revive games that they’ve made and need to have more players. They won’t be making catalog event items for these monthly developer events.”
TL:DR for my TL:DR
"Events bye bye :slight_smile: "

2 Likes