Roblox 2019 Events Update

That’s not what I’m saying. Of course they would still do it to get payed, but perhaps Roblox could pay them much less without taxes and could receive information more faster and accurately since the team would be there at the headquarters making the events from scratch.

2 Likes

Will Roblox be contacting all of the developers that filled in the application, or only the developers that passed the application?

2 Likes

The problem with this is perhaps only one.
No Catalog items will be won…

I think Roblox should at LEAST allow Developer’s to give Items they’ve made (like Shirts, Pants, etc) as prizes…
(especially when Dev’s will be able to make Hats and stuff as well!)

Otherwise I’m glad that developers still have a way of promoting their games even with the sad loss of events.

2 Likes

I especially like the Game creation challenges…
I wish they did more of those kinds!

Definitely hope they decide to keep some events…

1 Like

Holy cow I just realized Roblox could bring back contests instead!

1 Like

I’m hoping this will allow games (that are not in the top 250 on the platform) to be featured as an event rather then just focusing on one’s that are already have an existing popularity.

However, I doubt many players will try to complete quests in order to get an in-game prize due to it not being usable anywhere else except the game which they may have no interest in at all.

5 Likes

I just heard how this will be replacing seasonal events. Although I understand the reasoning behind it, this feels premature. I do hope I am wrong, but if I’m not, this is going to cause a lot of controversy during the next Easter holiday.
You can’t award any assets aside from badges. And badges don’t have a lot of value (anyone can make them, and they have no use). Removing these seasonal events takes value away from the platform.

I can see why I missed this before. It was brought up once and is the last point made. Not only that but not much detail is given, just a short sentence. I do hope you create a separate post on this in the future to answer criticism.

4 Likes

They should only keep one or two seasonal events, maybe easter and christmas.

I for one am fine with removing all the others.

5 Likes

I disagree I think they should also keep the summer event as that’s really fun too. Along with the Halloween one

2 Likes

I might be wrong on this, but didn’t summer not have seasonal events?

2 Likes

They had the summer games Roblox Summer Games (disambiguation) | Roblox Wiki | Fandom

1 Like

Oh yeah, now I remember. Though if I’m being honest, 2015 - 2018 looked just like your typical monthly event at the time with 3 games, and a prize in each of them by doing some objective. I’d argue the Summer Games post 2014 was just a seasonal theme to be honest, despite the recurring name (2018 aside) there wasn’t really anything that set the Summer Games apart from seasonal events like the Egg Hunt, or even Halloween related events.

2 Likes

I honestly would love a roblox 2014 summer games event i remember how fun the marble runner game was :smiley:

1 Like

It’s pointless to state any opinion here I’m sure, but it’s the closest I’ll ever get to Roblox reading it.

If you are going to remove events (which I disagree with completely), at the very least you should give developers who qualify for Live-Ops the ability to create and give away catalog items for completing the challenges. The accessories are the only reason people play the egg hunts and monthly events. People go out of their way to play those, especially the egg hunts. No one will do that for Live-Ops because there’s no reason to play them if they don’t receive something for their efforts. If a lot of the egg hunt developer participants didn’t do anything especially crazy or fun (for an official Roblox event, mind you), what makes you think they’ll put effort into making a fun and unique personal event?

Besides, if you trust certain developers enough to endorse their events, why wouldn’t you trust them enough to allow them to give clothes to their players? Chances are they’re already actively feeding you money through Builder’s Club, what more could you want?

13 Likes

I completely agree with you. But I believe this Live-Ops lasts daily per game. So if that was the case, prizes would come daily and eventually, they would run out of ideas for catalog items. Now, they should also monitor everything that happens with these items such as making sure they don’t look too good than is deserved. For example, I think it is fair if this thing happens for developers to release catalog items, but a dominus, valk or even a domino crown would just be too much than is deserved for a Live-Ops event unless they really have extremely hard quests that only a limited number of people can win. Reminds me of a few good events but big event prizes that look amazing shouldn’t be awarded to everyone just for completing a cake walk quest.

While I do believe this is a good idea, it will take tons of more effort everyday to deal with.

1 Like

Keep in mind, the majority likes Egg Hunt because they have an enormous world to explore with good quests. Most quests people don’t like are sponsored quests that give out prizes that which you wear, make you look like a walking billboard. Egg Hunts stand out mainly because they don’t advertise on a mass count and instead are just the fun of what a real event should have. Making the Egg Hunt a mass advertisement would take all the magic from it. I also think Bloxy Award should stay, it was a great way we could see a game’s status and how well it has gone throughout the year including other amazing categories. It is too a tradition and even though not everyone can win a prize/award, it does deserve a stay for the developers at least.

9 Likes

Yes I completely agree on that!

I think that if events are going to stay, then sponsored events should have the items available without quests (such as WWE) so that more resources can be focused on the yearly events to make them better (Egg Hunt, Halloween, etc.)

2 Likes

Its may 13th.

I cant find the live-op events page.

Is it not ready?

1 Like

It seems that Roblox is replacing event items with new promocodes like the SpiderCola. That may be a new source of free items.

4 Likes