Roblox 2019 Events Update

Hello developers. Although this year was the last year for Egg Hunt I propose that we, the developers, hold our own events. Games could work together to make Egg Hunt still possible. Although we can’t give items to people’s inventory’s we can still give badges. We could use the badges as a way to replace the eggs. Or you could add a free T-shirt or 1R T-shirt inside the game in an area only people who have earned the badge can enter. Although this would require much more coordination Egg Hunt doesn’t have to end. Roblox is driven by the developer community and we the developers all seem to agree that canceling events wasn’t a great idea. This would also allow more games to get involved in the events.

1 Like

Agreed, however having such coordination will still be pretty hard, but yes, if we all work together, Egg hunt won’t die.

2 Likes

The problem with that again is that many people wouldn’t play due to it not giving hats. :confused:

1 Like

With the removal of events can we still obtain the white handed red top hat?

5 Likes

I’m not sure… After all, it’s up to Roblox with they will do with the White Banded Red Top Hat.

4 Likes

Quite surprised that the games that are participating for the week of 5/30 to 6/6 are very small.
Are not enough developers interested in this?

2 Likes

Yep, because too many are mad about the fact that events are gone.

2 Likes

Well, not much on the mad side. I just think they are disappointed. Keep in mind, give some time, we will possibly get a better variety. Not to mention, a friend of mine is working a pretty good game soon to release. He would try to apply for this event.

2 Likes

To be honest it is also the fact there picky. I did an application for my resort a phew month ago. We had a scavenger hunt. To redeem free in game gear. Sad that week is past and only 64 people got it lol.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, that is true. I also noticed a lot of talented devs with a lot of good potential probably applying. It is sad, really. Because not only do we not see some games that really never been noticed, but if the devs want to part, they gotta apply and who knows? Maybe they get another decline… It is really that annoying.

3 Likes

I have done it twice now and declined.

2 Likes

Do they tell you in advance if you are accepted or declined?

1 Like

The thing is… I feel like when our applications are declined, we always seem to think “Hey, I never was told my application was declined so I must be accepted!” until you realise… some other games got selected. It is really irritating, not gonna lie, I wish there was a way we would all know about our applications being declined or not because we are always left as “Are our applications declined?”, “Are they not?”. I usually get emails of things by ROBLOX but I always feel sometimes the most important information of my interest is always never sent. I applied for the star program for developers: never got any response, and sent many applications for different events: also never got a response. I also want that ROBLOX starts getting to let people know what things happen involving them or at least their applications that they want to be up to date with.

5 Likes

I think that Roblox is really doing good changes for Developers. It of course takes time to accept the change but at the end Developers get more visits and revenue. It was the same thing when Guest Mode was removed. I must say that was also a big change but it gave Developers visits and also more revenue.

So to conclude: Before we start getting angry about a new update, we should think about how it will be better for us.

2 Likes

I do agree with you. ROBLOX needs to do a better job at communications with other developers.

7 Likes

The live ops idea is very good, but I think it can be better, because some people don’t like the live ops (I prefer the events). My idea is:
Follow with the live ops but witha a reward system that is in the events page, so while you get a badge in a live op you get a point to the reward system. With some points, you can select an objet to your character that Roblox gives you. Also, it can there be live events giving rewards about a specific theme. For example: egg hunt 2020: The rewards are eggs to select and the live opps in that you get the badges are about the events
What do you think?

8 Likes

I suspect that could be awarded to a few events ROBLOX still runs. I believe it is confirmed the Bloxy Awards is staying. Of course, this grants the top hat but possibly Live-Ops could give that top hat for working on it. I am not sure about whether or not Live-Ops gives the top hat, however, it is confirmed by a few developers that the Bloxy Awards is still staying which means the top hat is still obtainable.

3 Likes

Exactly, however, we also need to consider the POV of the players. I honestly think that this is a good way to promote games and possibly good to not promote simulators as much as their main focus is heavy monetization and really pay-walling everything. However, there has to be some compensation for parting in this. I do need to bring up the Beesmas 2018 example again as a role model. Even though this was just in-game events in Live-Ops, they did award in-game items in other big games and honestly I respect that of most custom events. If the Live-Ops games are games people don’t really play, they won’t play it because they probably like other games. There needs to be some sort of reward for parting in playing these games. Events used to be decently fun and awarded is items even though we only played for the event. Even though statistics were lower when events ran, this does get players’ attention because they do see a reason as to play a different game.

3 Likes

So how do developers get the White Banded Red Top Hat with Live-Ops? Do they just apply, wait, and hope that Roblox selects their game as a candidate for the week? I wish to know further about Roblox’s new method of giving out the top hat.

3 Likes

Live-Ops is where devs apply for a weekly promoted game. They also have a forum post about it where they can apply. Only 3 get selected.

4 Likes