Roblox 2019 Events Update

Is it confirmed no more egg hunts are taking place? Most of my Roblox memories are from past egg hunts.

1 Like

Yes as those are still events Roblox hosted yearly

1 Like

actually, I say otherwise. It says both seasonal and monthly events, so the egg hunts are done for, unfortunately they are categorized under the ā€œseasonalā€ tab. The only event staying as of now is the Bloxy Awards.

Thereā€™s also a possibility that sponsored events will stay for the time beingā€¦

4 Likes

Sounds like a really bad idea to replace events. Itā€™s the only fun way for people to get items without getting R$ or BC, without you guys releasing free hats. I still like the idea behind LiveOps, and how itā€™s 100% developer driven. Itā€™ll bring a new spotlight for newer developers, like myself, to get players and people interested in their game.

4 Likes

Well, like the Godzilla items suggest, I believe so. However, I donā€™t think there will be games we play for prizes. Just promocodes and catalog items. Really disappointing. It could promote some games too.

1 Like

Me and a few friends worked as a team to glitch some things. Found out we could get event items from around 2016 a few weeks ago. So we did it on a few accounts and it worked. We decided to email ROBLOX about this glitch. I believed they patched it a bit before events ended.

While I believe the concern being people cheating to get old time event items, we did report the glitch and reviewed by the engineering team. I am pretty sure it is patched now to not be much of a concern anymore.

Ahh, Good thing they removed it until it got any badder.

1 Like

I am glad too. I donā€™t feel abusing that glitch was very fair. Plus bug hunting is fun too. You should try it.

1 Like

I am going to be Honest about the new event idea. I like it. If it supported more then just Already popular games. Like kola cafe is already pretty popular. If roblox really wanted to put Developers in the spot light they would also help those who Are not on the main game page already. This is just my thinking. Go for The developers that do not have That many place visit per day. I have seen a lot of great work that should be on top page yet there not. 1. Advertising is to expensive. 2. Getting your game out there is just a really hard thing to do.

3 Likes

I love seeing how it is helping developers, and looking at the recent points brought up, Iā€™m more confident players will stay around.
I still think it is too early though to conclusively call it a success. Iā€™d want to see how developers fair after the event, see how many come back compared to the players before the event, and contrast that against any backlash around when seasonal events usually occur.
Now that the change is officially out in the open, nothing left to do but stay nervously optimistic.

I am curious to see how this will affect Robloxā€™s fashion market, thinking about it now. I got most of my robux from commissions and tickets. I donā€™t see how new players below the age of 13 will evolve their style after this. Lots of implications, lots to track!

1 Like

Exactly, that is a good point. I feel a very bad disadvantage if this canā€™t be done.

1 Like

I played some live-ops, and after playing them, I felt bored immediately. They do not add the same flavor as events. However, I like the concept. I also like that Roblox is giving lesser known developers and their games a chance in the spotlight. I applaud them for doing so, and I encourage them to keep it up.

4 Likes

The thing isā€¦ I donā€™t notice badges in some of the games like Koala Cafe for this live ops event? Probably why the other games appeal a lot more. I mean, this is literally doing what people already do and is more like Role-playing than actual gameplay. I prefer promoting actual games that have a small player base but a good quality game. Instead of promoting a large enough game already.

6 Likes

I agree with you. Kola Cafeā€™s event doesnā€™t live up to its hype. I suggest the developers to put a fun objective next time, or at least introduce a new feature. Some events, like the Bag Hunt, are okay.

2 Likes

Exactly, it is overrated in my opinion.

2 Likes

As a developer of one of the first LiveOps event games, I have some data which might be of interest. Of course this varies game by game and also depends on what ā€˜eventā€™ was offered, but here are my stats from Notoriety.
I was fortunate enough to be featured twice (one week each) and be accepted into the first week of LiveOps, so my daily graphs have a lot of useful data right now.

My event entry was:

Crime does pay! For a limited time, completing 3 unique heists in a row will earn you a badge, a nice cash bonus, as well as an Outlaw Safe, which contains useful goodies such as rare masks or expensive contracts!

Your cash bonus depends on the difficulties you play, so test your luck on higher difficulties in order to rake in huge rewards! Donā€™t fail or youā€™ll have to try again from the beginning!

Hereā€™s a summary of what happened and how I felt:

• I got a lot of exposure, about equal to being featured for a week player-count wise.
  • My twitter account was also mentioned by Roblox in both English and Spanish which helped grow my twitter account followers.
  • I had a higher peak player count with the developer event than any featuring
  • Earnings-wise, featuring was better (by almost 20%). Iā€™m not going to show my graph here but the earnings were still significantly better than the status-quo.
  • There was no significant shift in my game rating, up or down.
  • I would do this again. As long as I offer a meaningful update or event, Iā€™m sure I will continue to benefit from this system. :slightly_smiling_face:
23 Likes

Pretty good for a Live Ops game. Your game had a quest that grants in game ideas, and even a badge. I think more games should do this.

5 Likes

Your game really fitted in to the event. Probably the only Live Ops event that made me appreciate the whole Live Ops thing. Made well and I like the badges. Very fun badge hunting. To be honest, it really doesnā€™t get me interested in the other Live Ops games because they donā€™t have badges.

8 Likes

I agree with Chris. Hopefully some people will learn to follow your example of a live-op game soon, Brick. Keep up the good work!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes