Roblox 2019 Events Update

Is there anyway I can Cancel my upcoming live ops event?

Mhm. Contact devrel@roblox.com and they will cancel it. They require proof.

1 Like

You may have also forgot to mention the fun people had during these events. I personally enjoyed events like Ready Player One as it had sort of it’s challenge to it like in the movie with a community driven challenge, including a real incentive to partake in such an event. As for Live-Ops, I forgot it was a thing, even if I check it out, I don’t find games there at all worth my time. Even though some Live-Op events may be challenging, what reward do we get? “What do we get from partaking in this?”. Now some developers are just here to build and if what not, probably leave ROBLOX. I can see that happening to a ton of people on this platform and I doubt there is any solution Live-Ops can offer, I find it almost pointless other than promoting in-game events which we feel are non of our interest. Now to go back to an additional point:

If you are going to promote an Arsenal in-game event, for example, it wouldn’t attract us as much. The Arsenal players would play Arsenal, people who don’t play Arsenal don’t really care about there being a promotional event and most of us old players by the time events were still around basically irritate us because I see a pointless change coming which is making me question some things which are completely pointless. I don’t want to feel like I am insulting the existence of Live-Ops but we should actually care about the fun players have. With this relation to events, they were a challenge but rewarding, instead with Live-Ops it is like “Why would I even care to play this game? I have some things better to do…”

So really, I see it pointless promoting an in-game event considering people who actually play the games would be playing it and people who did not care would simply not care and just do their own stuff.

With that being said, I think the change in this is once again pointless and while I was overly present on this very topic, I do not feel at all settled with this change and I could never be whatsoever. This does many players not as good and it only raises more questions than answers, some of which would probably never be answered.

7 Likes

I really don’t even click image This anymore. Its pointless. Most of these games are either featured and or popular or top earning. RIP events.

5 Likes

None of the current games are popular or top earning.

They are all relatively small games.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed. Some games I never though ROBLOX would choose to, but they did. I guess that does give this feature a slight bit more use but doesn’t really invalidate any of my previously stated points, at least not that I know of.

1 Like

Star Sorority isn’t a new project, as you can see here it’s been around since 2018. It hasn’t failed to maintain a stable player base either, multiple YouTubers with a relatively large fan base has given the project publicity both in the past and present.

There’s no event listed either, instead it’s being used for free publicity. If MUSHROOMIA (the newest update for star sorority) is a permanent update than it isn’t considered an event.

The only event I see within this month’s selection would be Seconds to death’s “Find the Exotic Water gun”. I believe it’s temporary by the following statement: “Summer is not over yet! Find the Exotic Water gun and fight your way to victory.” This implies once summer is over, the exotic water gun will no longer be obtainable.

So overall there’s 3 creators misusing the feature for free publicity and only 1 creator choosing to do an actual event.

It’s rather absurd how this is is what Roblox consider’s acceptable behavior. In my honest opinion, this month’s dev ops participants have made a mockery of what this feature was originally intended for. To say I’m surprised would be an understatement as it’s rather clear that Roblox is more fixated on quantity than quality.

If Roblox continues to lack any amount of authoritativeness than project expectations will forever remain low, this platform will become unavoidably infested with generic cash grabs until consumers get tired of over saturation. It may be beneficial to the company’s total revenue presently however their reputation, image might never receive the recognition it deserves.

17 Likes

My opinion: I feel as this is more of a “Lets see how this goes” kinda thing rather than “Absolutely no egg hunts ever again because no” kinda thing. Though I could be completely wrong and it would he the second option (with a valid reason I guess), and end up like tix and die down a bit, sadly.

3 Likes

LiveOps are a way for developers to promote their games, there is no explicit requirement for it to be events— otherwise those games wouldn’t be accepted. Additionally, LiveOps aren’t just for “new” games.

Did I claim otherwise? I stated the feature is being misused as it was originally a substitute for events however now it’s becoming an alternative to “featured”.

There’s this old saying that you may be familiar with “Just because you can do it, doesn’t mean you should do it”.

Am I not allowed to express my disappointment?

10 Likes

While I cannot deny you are allowed you have your own opinion, I think you should definitely refer to the lives op page. My game, Star Sorority, is doing exactly what liveops encourages…

In the last update, There was a myriad of feature updates which centered around the entire user interface being rehauled, a new map being Mushroomia, and other content.

I am very thankful for the creation of roblox LiveOps because it is more then just free publicity, I can reach audiences I wasn’t able to before, which is something we should all utilize.

See: Roblox 2019 Events Update

“Promote new features, content, outfits, characters and maps.”
“Spotlight current features in your game.”

I’ve already familiarized myself with the page, I never stated you were the problem however I did specify why I believe the present execution of live ops is poorly designed and should’ve had less leniency involved.

It’s rather difficult to remain open minded to your perspective when you’ve had multiple YouTubers cover star sorority, and having been featured countless times in the past and present (I’ve been watching your growth behind the scenes for quite some time).

Had it ever occurred to that while this arguably had been beneficial to star sorority’s growth, maybe you ended up knocking someone down from actually qualifying for this month’s selection?

My perspective:
All I’m seeing is you dominating the competition. I’m sure you have your reasons as to why you don’t want anyone else sharing the spotlight however whatever your reasons may be doesn’t alter how I strongly oppose the direction Liveops is heading.

From this point on I won’t bother responding unless it’s in DMs. If I’ve struct a nerve than I apologize for offending you, if I haven’t offended you in any shape or form than I apologize for assuming and I hope you have a blissful night Prince.

3 Likes

One of the big issues with free clothing is copying. People would take a 500 robux t-shirt and give it away for free. Then roblox decided to add that 5 robux floor price. I honestly dont think they want to change that.

1 Like

Well, copying shirts are a huge problem but if things were to be awarded for free through some sort of event, I am sure ROBLOX would have to manual approve this and probably takes more than just seeing it. As for the floor price for shirts being 5, yes it is an issue to see copied shirts sold at a cheaper price. I think there needs to be a way to handle this.

2 Likes

From my impressions of your replies, I am assuming you would like ‘Hosts (temporary) event’ to be an eligibility criteria for Live-Ops.

I don’t think it has to be made into an eligibility criteria to have to host an event to be featured on Live-Ops, because, Live-Ops were not implemented with the sole idea that they should be events, rather that they should have new content to feature, to keep the player base alive. If you would so care as to read the ‘What is Live-Ops?’ link that was in the original post by Roblox, and their own words, I believe my point is proven.

However, I have to agree with you when you would like more events hosted by these game developers, because with the removal of monthly and seasonal events, that uniqueness you’d get from games like in the Egg Hunt etc is now only ‘obtainable’ from developers hosting their own events.

4 Likes

Disappointed to see events go. I’ve wanted to become a developer so I could take part in an event, but looks like that won’t be happening. Anyone remember that calendar of monthly events they had? I was excited to see what that would offer, but looks like that won’t be happening either.

On a side note, LiveOps doesn’t seem to be faring well. When it was launched, there were 5-6 games on its page, but now for 2 or 3 weeks there were only 2 or 3 games. As well, some same games keep landing on the LiveOps page over and over again.

This LiveOps thing seems to feature updates to games that developers should already be doing. Sure, some games that have landed there HAVE done some small event (very few of which I’ve tried), but most don’t really have what should be considered an “event.” I’m not really motivated to do any of these “LiveOps,” and from seeing the other posts in this thread, it’s clear the community disagrees as well.

We just want our events back. Even just seasonal ones like the Egg Hunt would be fine.

6 Likes

A small update, since this thread keeps getting bumped again and again by users upset at the removal of events. It appears Roblox wishes for UGC to work as a replacement for events in the future.

Q: Will there be a way to reward players in-game with UGC items?
A: We definitely want to allow rewarding UGC items in-game in the future - this has been an important part of events as long as they’ve been around, and we want to empower developers to make awesome games and events with prizes. However, since UGC items cannot currently be free, we’re still working on the best way to enable rewarding them as prizes. Additionally, UGC catalog items can currently be sold through games just as Roblox-owned catalog items can.

Source: UGC Catalog is Now Live!

10 Likes

The main problem is that we don’t even get responses to our event submissions. I’ve submitted request 2-3 times now and have heard nothing back YET there are only 2 games featured on the events page instead of the usual 3-4, so basically there are 1-2 empty slots available, no staff responses to submissions, and in general the games featured there don’t even gain that much traction at all considering they only have gained 50-100 more players than their average.

Roblox will feature games daily based on developer sign ups.
Mhm…

11 Likes

Lies I did it like 2 months ago.

5 Likes

This is honestly a great update, considering that so far many of the games that were featured on live-ops have gained a significant amount of place visits. This is very useful to developers which allows them to gain more popularity for their game. The loss of events won’t be a problem anymore because of the UGC catalog, so this update is awesome!

1 Like