Roblox 64-bit player will not run on Windows 7

I think there’s a relevant xkcd for this:

In all seriousness though, for those reading this post in the future with the same issue, please just update to a supported version of Windows. No disruption in your workflow or feature set is worth leaving your internet connected computer totally vulnerable to ransomware and other forms of malware which can easily steal your credit card details or account credentials.

As of 2023-01-10T00:00:00Z, Windows 7 is no longer receiving even the most critical of security updates. I’m sure Roblox will do a stellar job as per usual in the supporting legacy devices section, but that doesn’t mean staying on Windows 7 is not just advertising yourself for targeting by commodity malware.

9 Likes

If Roblox Player won’t work for Windows 7 anymore, then maybe you should try a OS Emulator? Like a virtual machine, or maybe a mobile emulator for more efficiency. I do agree with other posters here though, you should just upgrade your windows. 7 came out over a decade ago.

2 Likes

In Windows 8.1 you too can’t play. In events log I got problem with RobloxPlayerBeta.dll

EDIT: Error (Event) Id is 1000

1 Like

Adding onto this to say that I’ve been helping so many people revert their playerChannel due to this bug. That patch is not installable for the users dealing with this issue, and I suspect that even those fortunate enough to have it may still receive the same error message.

6 Likes

In Windows 8.0, when starting Roblox Player it not longer starts asking you to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

5 Likes

As of writing this, the new client is on the LIVE channel. This means Roblox is no longer playable on Windows 7 until this is fixed.

EDIT: Someone has pointed out to me that there is another channel named “ZIntegration” which still works. This is still a hacky method though.

2 Likes

The error says you need to…install that update to continue working…

I wonder how long that will last?

2 Likes

Huh… the 64-bit client is still running on my Windows 7 system. I am certain that I do not have KB4534310 installed:
And I do not have that streched wallpaper glitch that was introduced with that update. The client works without any workarounds at all. Maybe that update pack which is UpdatePack7R2-20.12.10 to anyone in need installed the necessary patches in some hidden manner? I don’t really know.

1 Like

Just upgrade it to Windows 10 everything will be fine!

1 Like

I literally just said that the new client works on 7 without any glitches or workarounds.

Sadly, this don’t applies to me. Roblox asks me to install KB4534310 and don’t run. (Also I don’t want upgrade OS to wind 10 bc I hate it’s style)

3 Likes

Just wondering, but why would you be unable to install a Windows update patch?

1 Like

Anyways,I will help those with good ol windows 7 with the update they did not install.

But here´s this update if you want to download,but keep in mind this is required or else you may not run it.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=5512bdce-73de-49dd-bcdd-da0c2432d00e

(Roblox Admins,if you´re going to remove this link,then tell me and warn me.)

Basically, the patch always errors out as well as the prerequisites for it. So, there’s not much I can do.

I’ve never heard of this update pack before but I’ll give it a go.

Telementry and Microsoft bloatware, and not everyone can upgrade (perhaps perfomance issues, this would require new hardware)

3 Likes

Is this pack from a russian website named simplix or is it located somewhere else? I want to make sure I’m getting the exact same pack you used.

What about just using Windows Update to do it for you? If it can’t connect for some reason, maybe try out Legacy Update?

1 Like

I don’t really remember where I got it from, but I found a GitHub page in English about this thing: UpdatePack7R2 for updating Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 · GitHub