Roblox account deletion should result in a DevForum ban

There is a difference between someone on Twitter complaining about a ban and saying that they did nothing. That is a very stereotypical thing, but there are people that get falsely banned, or banned in an extreme context:

(what??)
(Kreekcraft fan who was terminated after redeeming a toy code from a streamer who was believed in the star program).

Yes, support works fine, however the appeal system in now reliable is how I put it. I don’t get why you’re putting this as me exposing Roblox, even people in the star program complain about support and appealing system, and I know people who have had horrible experiences when it comes to the appeal system, not making a stance from me personally.

ok

1 Like

So like people told you earlier, they appeal and wait for the decision. We’re going in circle here.

1 Like

Those are generally players, who don’t frequent the developer forum. This is the developer forum, not the player forum. The first screenshot looks fake anyway and is from 2012, so I don’t believe 9 year old terminations should warrant this not being added. The devforum didn’t even exist in 2012!

Can we please stop with these “what if” cases which are far too niche and unlikely to happen.

7 Likes

The point of those pictures wasn’t anything to the Developer Forum, it was to show that false bans exists which you downplayed.

Edit:
I entirely muted this topic as I could care less, but I keep disputes on the top of my mind so whatever;

You also just never minded the other picture (and probably the other 1000 terminations that never get appealed for either false or ridiculous reasons) and put all focus onto something from 2012, which yes may not matter much, but still brings the point of false bans, stating that when you have ridiculous false bans like this, and someone is deleted, then they’re blocked from the DevForum.
In your next post, you say it is irrelevant.
Well when false bans are occasional, chances are some will fall on to DevForum members, blocking them from being able to keep up with the public DevForum, that also holds important Roblox announcements.

Something I noticed was this, accorded to the next post.
Many people like me who go to these disputes will be dragged in and later tricked to go off-topic, as the last main argument was that I was making “what-ifs”, leading me to show that these aren’t just silly what ifs, they do happen, and they happen more often then you think.

If you forgot, under a month ago tons of people were terminated because someone emailed support; pretending to be their parent asking to close
their account, which who knows if that is still happening, and who is still deleted from that. Earlier you said to stop spreading false information of support as not you but I put then as “unreliable”; well when you see things like this happening, how do you plan to argue that besides trying to seem professional?

Recently a developer was deleted for uploading a picture if a mouth, not their mouth, not their friends mouth, but a mouth that was public on the internet.
How does that work?

That would cancel half the arguments on the DevForum, likely including some of your posts by the way.
My argument against “Can we stop with these what if cases”; Can we stop making stereotypes of common practices in disputes on the DevForum?

12 Likes

Yes, and this topic is a feature request to apply roblox.com terminations to the devforum therefore making those cases irrelevant.

3 Likes

I agree but what if that person is falsely banned? How on earth does one recovery their account?

(don’t say Roblox Support please we need a better alternative)

… we have heard too many cases where they failed to help

3 Likes

The devforum is not an alternative to Roblox support.

And the answer to that would be, Roblox Support. Do you have any alternatives?

2 Likes
Reply to incapaz

That’s very unfortunate.

Imagine if you are a game developer with a front page game that needs to be maintained and your account get’s falsely banned?

You’d just wait for Roblox Support to may or may not help you with your case?

Would you be fine with losing years of tears, sweat, hard work and sleepless nights over something dumb like that?

Your reputation and game ruined because of someone else’s mistake?

Don’t we deserve to be treated better?

I have experienced this before, luckily I had someone to help… it was infuriating because I couldn’t release an update on time

I’m fine with the idea as long as Roblox has a better moderation and appeal system that’s all, but honestly @railworks2 if you are that worried about getting involved with a malicious user just check their profile we don’t necessarily need this

6 Likes

Like it was already mentioned a few times - yes.

No, but if you’re oblivious to Roblox’s track record of over moderation… yikes.

That one is easy to appeal, however there’s a history of some support team people basically telling you that you’re responsible for what’s in your group/game and to keep a closer eye on it in the future.

Yes we do but what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Lots have happened to let’s respond as an in-general, I want to avoid going around in circles.

Has banned users abused DevForum privilege as a last moment to deal with their case? I.e trying to appeal here or just abusing the forums.

Yes. This has occured previously. As a proactive approach, this would had dealt with the user automatically

What about those falsely banned? It was a mistake?

They can appeal, Support - Roblox. The same applies here, we just use the DevForum DMs. It’s a non-issue, if they’re not at fault, they can be automatically unbanned.

While that process occurs, they can remain suspended. Why should they remain on the forums? What’s the point in their presence?

These processes exist for a reason, you should send your feedback to the correct locations.

I should not be required to check their profile to see if I’m speaking with a banned user, I’m simply looking to move from a completely reactive human approach and automating it.

Currently I have to identify a banned user, DM DET, and then get ban them. That leaves way too much risk associated with it.

Also for your information, just because I make a feature request doesn’t mean that I’m that super worried. It was purely an example of the consequence associated with this reactive approach.

Proactive is a better way to handle things than do be reactive where possible.

4 Likes

What about trading? Many of the large developers are also involved in trading. In trading there’s often poisoned limiteds that go around in circulation, and someone might accidentally trade for one without knowing. Their account can get banned for this and it wouldn’t be fair to ban them on the devforum as it wouldn’t be fair. Now the idea for most bans is good, but false and unintentional bans this can be a problem.

See my previous reply. Simply appeal.

If they’ve gotten to the level of account deletion, it’s pretty serious.

3 Likes

But if their acc is deleted, they have to read on the new acc to be member

If they weren’t at fault - they can appeal the ban and have their accounts restored after talking to staff via other social media.

What if they dont appeal? Like they havent been unbanned

They stay banned. Simple as that. We can go into the nichest of what-ifs but it still won’t change the fact that you got perm banned and that you shouldn’t be on the devforum with a perm banned account.

So you still stay banned. What’s so hard to understand?

When a Roblox user is terminated on the website I see absolutely no reason as to why they would need their account here; it makes no sense, as their Roblox account is unusable

3 Likes

Roblox cant ban you with the TOS your following

I dont understand[quote=“railworks2, post:1, topic:1000057, full:true”]
As a Roblox developer, if a developer gets their Roblox account deleted this action is not replicated to the DevForums. This could result in seriously inappropriate material to the forums.

This is specific to account deletions, other moderations like 3 days, warnings, etc are not part of this request.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because it would proactively reduce risk associated with banned users (such as misuse of the forums for account appeals and posting inappropriate content)
[/quote]

1 Like

true. but how about false ban reasons?

i got banned from roblox couple times for rly dumb reasons.

and yeah yeah yeah.

i think roblox moderation is kinda weird tho. roblox first needs to fix their moderation system.

and then this idea can be good.

3 Likes