Roblox and Roblox Studio should support non safe space

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to leverage non “safe space” on mobile devices. I’ve designed my UI so that it can support this space, and would like Roblox to let me use that space to render content in the game.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d be able to offer a more comprehensive experience to my users.

51 Likes

Android 10 has something in Settings that lets you force an app to ignore the “safe space”. I have this turned on for Roblox, and it looks much better that way. The only problem is that UI can occasionally go under the notch, but if Roblox supported this, developers could move the UI out of the way. I’m imagining that it could work similarly to how ScreenGui.IgnoreGuiInset works, with a new ScreenGui property, something like “IgnoreSafeSpaceInset”.

6 Likes

Sorry for the late reply on this, thanks for the info! This is something we have discussed internally before, but have not yet had time to implement a solution for. This is something we want to solve, I don’t have a timeframe right now but we will fix this.

10 Likes