Roblox avatar animations not loading

I noticed in my game that people’s avatar animations weren’t loading. For example when people had equipped the bold avatar animation, my game would instead only use the default animations. I looked up this issue on the forum to see if there were other people having this issue, and found this post, which explains the problem and the cause. My game also had player’s choice for animation selected in the game settings. I tried the fix of this post, which is to set animation to standard and then back to player’s choice. This fixed the issue for me, but shows that it is a bug within studio, and not something within my game.

When I opened up a new place, this was not an issue, and player’s avatar animations loaded in just fine.

Expected behavior

What i expect to happen is that when I have set animation in game settings to player’s choice, this also actually happens. I expect this setting to work, and not have to switch between options for it to work.

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

1 Like