Roblox character transparent when imported into blender

I’m trying to import a Roblox character from Studio into Blender. When I do it, it is showing up transparent now - I’ve never had this issue before. I tried to recalculate the normals, but that did nothing. Help would be appreciated!

Blender Import:

4 Likes

Mesh → Normals → Recalculate Outside

I’ve tried that, it didn’t work.

Try recalculating inside, and if that doesn’t work, try Clean Up → Merge by Distance
It might be a corrupted UV tho

Alright well I’ve just figured it out, apparently the texture was messing it up. Just removed the character texture and all the faces are normal now :woman_shrugging:

Correction: the texture does not affect the faces in this case at all. Instead the material has a weird setting that comes with Studio exports. Allow me to give you the actual solution to this problem you’re having.
Go to Material Properties > Open the menu named “Settings” > Look for “Blend Mode” around the top > Change the Blend Mode property from Alpha Blend to Opaque.
You’re done!

25 Likes

Thank you so much! I was struggling with this for a while, and it seems to have worked! I tried flipping the faces but that wouldnt work, looks like it was just the blend mode that was off then.