Roblox client is always on top of other windows unless minimized

When the ROBLOX client is launched, it always likes to stay on top of other windows unless minimized.
An example of this could be when I have roblox in window restored to its smallest resolution and for instance, click on another window to place focus on that, ROBLOX still stays on top.

This is really frustrating while trying to multitask efficiently as I have to constantly spend 5 seconds figuring out why my other windows aren’t showing up.

72 Likes

I get this a good amount of times, but it is not 100% of the time, nor have a good way to repro it for 100% of the time.

11 Likes

Yeah, I realised that it doesnt occur 100%.

The only way I can say accurately how to reproduce the error sometimes is by simply launching the client and foxussing on another window, then dragging it underneath it.

4 Likes

Bump, this is still occuring, please fix this.

3 Likes

Still have this problem 4 years later

EDIT: Had this problem for 2 days (even after restarting my PC it didn’t go away) but it appears to have gone away now, not sure why but I haven’t had this issue since.

EDIT: I take that back, i’m still getting this issue. Not sure if it is a problem with roblox or my computer. (Appears to be the former)
https://gyazo.com/96f14c84c30ed0a764613ec73fa2202e
(Roblox window stays on top even when im focused on another window)

Even when the roblox window is maximized, if I open another window (lets say google chrome) roblox still stays on top.
(Opening google chrome)
https://gyazo.com/7b9aedeada00c50453412c235408bf4b
(The window even went on top of the gif creation window here)

Well, not sure if this is because of the new update or what, but I’ve been getting it since then. This issue only happens with roblox.

10 Likes

can confirm problem has resurfaced

9 Likes

Also getting this issue. Really annoying

Windows 10

11 Likes

YES we’ve been noticing this too Win10

4 Likes

Started happening to me as well today, on Windows 7 64-bit.

EDIT: Didn’t mean to post as a reply to the guy above me, whoops

Ugh it’s happening to me as well (tis is one good case when you are thankful to have a dual-monitor extended desktop setup…) as a workaround, I just throw it on my secondary monitor… It stood that way ever since the bug surfaced on my PC.

BTW: I’m using Windows 10 AMD64 version 1803 yadda yadda I should upgrade to 190-something or 1809 but right now I have other problems to solve, and yeah downloading the behemoth of an update that Windows 10 1903 is, demolishes systematically my already unstable internet connection.

2 Likes

Happening 100% of the time for me and a bunch of friends.

2 Likes

This is happening here too, seriously annoying.

2 Likes

Happening here too, hampers my productivity when switching between live servers and Studio.

6 Likes

This has been happening recently to me too, it’s very tedious.

2 Likes

A recent issue I’ve experienced, however it is not consistent as mentioned earlier in the thread

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed this issue happening for the past week or so. It’s starting to actually annoy me now and it happens almost 99% of the time. Not sure if there is any way to fix this on my end though.

1 Like

This has recently occurred every single time Roblox is open, really could do with fixing, ASAP. No window at all no matter what it is gets put in the background behind the Roblox window.

1 Like

Oddly enough, I reinstalled windows a few days ago and now the issue isn’t occurring. Maybe a driver issue?

Same issue here, and when alt-tabbing the roblox window still stays on top. Tried re-installing roblox, no help. The roblox player either launches with this issue or doesn’t. In my findings, when it does launch with this issue, the issue persists even when I try to re-launch it multiple times. Then eventually I get a “good launch” with no always-on-top issue.

1 Like

Not sure if this is a web bug as it could be considered more of an engine bug or even a script bug.

This seems to happen every once in a while, although it is becoming more frequent. Whenever I click the green ‘Play’ button, the usual RobloxPlayer.exe window appears. However, every once in a while, the window will ‘hijack’ the screen and will not allow other windows to overlap it unless you manually minimize it to the taskbar. This becomes especially tedious if you have something on another window, like your browser, to check. I’m not entirely sure when this bug started happening, but it is not captive to me, because I have heard others experience it as well.

Below is a small clip I recorded of the bug (yes, I use Bandicam, but it is a paid licensed version):

If you look closely, you can see the background flash a little when Chrome’s icon is clicked. That is the window opening behind the RobloxPlayer window. Also, the RobloxPlayer window minimizes a couple times in the clip, but that’s because I had to spam-click the icon. The FOV-Slider is part of my game. I couldn’t hide it from the clip, so just ignore it.

3 Likes