Roblox client stops sending data to the server properly seconds after joining any game

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

After I join a game, seconds later my ping freezes at a certain number, and while I can still see everything the server sends me, my client no longer sends any information to the server. (Curiously, it’s still uploading something as my upload doesn’t go down when it freezes) Minutes later I get hit with this message:

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

Happens 100% of the time, but takes slightly longer on some games compared to others, and only on one of my computers.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

Isn’t specific to any game, happens on the main website.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

What I see (I being Acmic, where Roblox doesn’t work properly):

What someone else (zlib, where Roblox does work properly) sees:

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

Can’t exactly be sure, as I just finished getting my parts shipped from california to rebuild this computer, Roblox worked over there on dec 19th when i took it apart. While I would usually attribute this to the rebuild, everything else internet related works fine, speedtests, youtube, discord, slack, the roblox website. (even the client, it’s just very short lived)

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

I’ve already uninstalled both roblox studio and the client and reinstalled them, nothing about this changed when i did, other than my client settings getting reset :U
I’ve also already restarted the computer, also didn’t help.
Roblox also still works on the working computer after leaving and rejoining, it’s not something that started while i was already ingame on one and not the other.
It also isn’t user specific, both accounts don’t work on the computer with the broken client, and work on the working one.

8 Likes

This is just a wild guess, but could the memory hash check or a related security system be failing?

I think that would also cause a freeze or crash message to appear. It’s happened before with things like updates having to be rolled back because of a key mismatch. But the idea that it could be some kind of security false positive is a really good one.

In fact @zlib I recommend you run something like the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to test your RAM, just in case.

Hi, in a direct message can you send me the roblox log files for the most recent 2-3 times this happened to you? On windows the log files should be in C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs

do you have a cloud file syncing running in the background?

1 Like

I do not

could you run a network speed test? please let us know the ping time the latency, up load and download speeds, thanks

Sorry for bumping, but for right now. The same thing happen to me, with the difference the server did not kick me. So i can keep doing client stuff infinitely until i decide to leave and there’s no way to reconnect. And as far as i know, it only occur to my account. My younger brother is using the same device as i am but this ‘ping freeze’ only happen to me, not on him. Is there any solution to it? This thread doens’t seems to have solution posted.

Edit : Apparently it happening to every account in my device. It still hasn’t fixed to this day

4 Likes

Same applies to me. Has the issue been fixed yet?

1 Like

No. It only gotten even worse days passed. Usually it only happen in few games im playing. Now it almost happen on every game i played.

In a small game, it may occur after a while but in a big game with a lot of player, it can happen almost instantly.

In my level XP bar I’ve been working on, when I try to pass level data from and to the client and then attempt to save it to a datastore, it just won’t work. I’ve been struggling for days with it, until I realised this post came up to the surface.

Hopefully a Staff Member will notice this and provide details and support asap.

Is this happening to anyone else? this problem its back, this has been happening to me a lot and im tired of it

1 Like

this seems to be happening to me as well, ever since the latest roblox update

1 Like

This is happening to me as well, usally only on netherland server. You suddenly can’t interact with the game and others see you freeze, but you can see others move and talk, in the shift+f3, out data get frozen.

1 Like

I had this issue for the past 2 years, I have done everything updating drivers, rebooting, reinstalling and guess what I even have a fresh new pc and it still happens

My internet speed is 900+mbps and upload 101mbps, ping : 4

the annoying part of it it sometimes makes data loss in games
and in games that are client sided mostly you will not guess that you are already kicked until you notice server stuck

Hey folks, this thread was marked as solved in 2019, could you file new bug reports with additional details? Then our teams can take a look at your specific cases. Many thanks in advance!