Roblox Community Rules Update

The language is pretty clear on that one; do not mislead others into thinking your game is someone elses, or related, and do not copy other peoples games verbatim.

Do not copy other games or experiences without permission or a license to do so. Do not make any attempts to mislead users that your game is associated with another game or misrepresent what your game is about.

4 Likes

“Activities or actions that are dangerous to others, unethical or illegal or that violate any local, national or international laws or regulations. Not only do we not allow these activities, we do not allow anyone discussing them or encouraging others to discuss (or take) such actions, including:
Terrorism, Nazism or Neo Nazism, organized criminal activity, gangs and gang violence”

So, why roblox gang groups still exist? The people on these groups are a toxic and they make roblox worse (Not saying that EVERYONE is toxic, i am just saying that most of them are)

4 Likes

In my 9 years on being on this platform, I have not once ever heard of these types of groups. How big are they? I’ve been in a lot of groups, but I’ve never stumbled upon one of these pages before. They may be a minority.

4 Likes

Go in groups and search “rogang, gang or gangster”. Most of those groups are role-plays or clothes shop, but some go in games like Da Hood to make “gang fights”. Most of people on those groups are really toxic and like to say that people are fat and ugly, to see those people, just go to Da Hood.

6 Likes

Also " “Clickbait” advertisements are not permitted. Advertisements such as “Click this 1000 times”, “Click to pick your Dominus” or ones that offer free Robux, Roblox virtual items, etc. or that otherwise falsely represent the content being advertised and solely exist to encourage a user to click on the ad to inflate ad clicks are not permitted." This means that those “before and after” ads are against roblox rules?

I am talking about those, who say that after entering a group or playing a game, you will get a bunch of “beatiful items”

5 Likes

I don’t know if you are taking feedback but I would like to see a feature where you can set an age on clothing and your game because not everyone on Roblox is 13 and under. I would say at least 30% percent of the users are above 13 so for games that want to add some blood or horror game. I think if you would bring this feature to Roblox there would be more older kids on Roblox which then makes games easier to discover

5 Likes

Many games (especially horror games) use screaming and other loud sound effects. Are these now unallowed?

2 Likes

The Audio part means, well… bypassed audios.

1 Like

Dear god the advertisement rule update was well needed.

1 Like

Really sad to tell you that this is a pre-existing rule. It is just not being enforced.

4 Likes

Sponsors ≠ ads. Sponsoring your game displays your game’s thumbnail which already needs to be appropriate as it is. We do not have the option to advertise to a specific age group, our ads are broadcasted across the entire community (<13 and +13) therefore it is appropriate to make a rule that your ads should be safe for <13 groups.

1 Like

Hopefully they start being more strict with it. I really want to see it be enforced.

You misread it, it says I can’t advertise to <13

6 Likes

Does that mean that advertisements won’t appear to under 13s or that ROBLOX doesn’t like to see under 13s exploited for profit?

It’s a really confusing rule.

5 Likes

@ithacaTheEnby , @sjr04 , @cloakedyoshi , @Automationeer I actually think it is a good idea to disable ads for <13 accounts so they are less likely to get scammed. I am in full support of this if it actually comes. I don’t think sponsoring will go anywhere for <13 accounts, and I have never seen a scam sponsor ad on Roblox anyway.

3 Likes

As a developer that is a huge portion of clicks gone. There are more <13 than 13+ on Roblox, that is seriously going to hurt. The only “scams” I’ve seen are these fake “before after” ads where it’s a bacon hair that somehow gets a dominus, but it’s not that big of a deal. They don’t ask for your account information.

7 Likes

Yea it will hurt, but there are always alternatives, like sponsors. I seen ads like “Choose your Adopt Me pet” and some ads with a bunch of robux leading to fake free robux games. Those games do ask for your account info.

I also still think it is a typo but it would be great (in my opinion) for ads to disapeer from <13 accounts. It would solve the free robux and free Adopt Me pet scams.

What prevents sponsors from having the same issue?

4 Likes

There is something called the Chat filter, which would censor out words. For example, Roblox could censor out all the fancy fonts that say Robux, or just censor out any fancy fonts.

They could also somehow prevent Adopt me logos from being used except for the Adopt Me universe or devs also, but this would be a discussion for another topic.

You can do the same with ads. They go through manual review like icons and decals, and unlike game titles and game sponsorships.

2 Likes