Roblox Community Rules Update

Please see 1.A of the Roblox Terms of Use. The community rules are a part of the Roblox terms.

6 Likes

Wow, this rule makes every type of advertising useless:

• Ads may not contain content intended for users under the age of 13.
2 Likes

I believe competitive other platforms, not developers. You see advertising another platform that’s competitive to Roblox ruins it’s popularity and most users would be redirected to that platform instead of Roblox, this is also bad for developers because if the competitor keeps advertising their site, more and more people would move away, resulting in a decrease in amount of community members, this also affects Developers because if there’s a large number of decrease, there’s also a lesser chance their games would get any players, visits, or users buying their products.

This may slightly affect developers doing ads, but, the company’s security against competitors raising ads in their own platform is important.

Pretty sure this is literally a law, not just a roblox rule

2 Likes

Arguably moderation itself has the most work of any department – given that Roblox announced a moderation overhaul in 2019 and nearly 2 years later barely any change has occured, let alone drastic change that would qualify as an overhaul.

2 Likes

Hi there. I’m the founder of Bloxbiz.

It’s a surprise and a shame to see how suddenly this policy was updated. This policy puts Bloxbiz, the 100+ games that use our service, and many other creators creating advergames and including branded content in their games possibly at risk with no opportunity for discussion or time to transition.

Over the past year, Bloxbiz has built an entire business and tech stack custom for Roblox with the safety of the platform in mind. We do not collect personal information about players, we have an ad disclosure on our ads, we moderate every single ad that goes through our system, and we’ve proactively reached out and gotten in contact with Roblox to tell them about our business and plans. Now after following the rules for 6+ months, we received no heads up before the change to the policy.

In addition, we’ve always had the best interests of Roblox and the creators on the platform in mind. Bloxbiz helps creators turn their hobbies of building games into livelihoods. While the top small % of games can make a living on Roblox, the majority cannot. Bloxbiz’s mission is to help creators with monetization and extend the long tail of creators making a living on Roblox. This updated policy reduces the opportunity for games to monetize and the ability for creators to make a living on Roblox.

At the minimum, and as a request, we think there should be a buffer before this policy rolls out so that there can be a dialog with the creators on the platform. Creators should also get lead time to make changes to their games to comply with the policy.

71 Likes

However, now Roblox just shut off a full stream of revenue for developers just because they don’t like competition.

1 Like

The advertisements are internal (inside the platform). How does it relate to Roblox shutting down competition lol

1 Like

Because, you are not allowed to put up ads related to gaming. This seems like a plot against Core.

1 Like

Why won’t walmart allow me to pin target advertisements inside of their shop!?

8 Likes

Do you have any examples of anyone using this to advertise Core? No – because nobody uses it for that. It is used for advertisements relating to the platform.

1 Like

When I go to the Nike store I don’t expect to find Adidas advertisements or advertisements for any other shoe brands. Encouraging users to visit unpermitted offsite platforms was already against the rules anyway.

7 Likes

Good rule change. Bloxbiz was always a way to circumnavigate around the Privacy Policy which shouldn’t have been allowed to begin with.

This does shut down a full stream of revenue however since there is hardly any way for anything but giant games to get brand deals.

They stated they do NOT collect information.

Could you confirm your statement?

4 Likes

And on top of this we now need to upload our ads on our main accounts! Since the ads must be directly uploaded by us.

Any proof to back this statement? Is the source code for BloxBiz open to view?

4 Likes

Only, Roblox should be allowed to request source code to this.

It’s also for the good of developers, please see the following:

Imagine some third party site advertising theirselves around Roblox pouching their players and community. I also believe it shouldn’t even be legal in anyway in a company’s terms and condition that their competitors should advertise in their enemy’s platform in the first place.

1 Like