Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

Looking forward to this.

Hopefully I’m one of the lucky few to be eligible for the spatial voice beta :smiley:

4 Likes

Sounds very exciting, place and features also seem interesting

2 Likes

Agreed! It’s a bad idea and Roblox would be better off not having a text option for the art board.

1 Like

Yes… I fail to see what point you were trying to make here.

1 Like

The age is 13+ per the official blog post:

https://blog.roblox.com/2021/09/future-communication-metaverse/

9 Likes

You guys gotta stop saying everything fun shouldn’t exist because of moderation reasons. An interactive board isn’t going to harm anyone.

12 Likes

When I was first reading this I was hoping the photo booth was something like from those tons of hackweeks we’ve seen. Where you can walk up to a camera & it’ll take & show a picture as the view of the camera, without Roblox ui & the actual game no viewport/imagelabels, without you yourself have to take the screenshot or enter a different camera view as the player. The very bad quality viewportframe pose & background that loads in inconsistently is quite dissapointing.

Otherwise it’s pretty cool & excited for this to be open-source.

I feel like your are not seeing the whole point here, the interactive board is being used to bypass the filter. And I’m not saying to remove the board entirely. I am just suggesting they should remove the text option since it can be abused so easily by people.

Honestly, I think they need to do more work before just releasing it, we know how toxic the Roblox community is nowadays, and with people going to fake they’re age, this is gonna get worse. Kids going to be arguing at each other, swearing, etc. I wonder how moderation will work now with people gonna possibly use voice chat more, than messaging in-game.

While this may seem like a great idea, I think this still needs to be thought out on how censorship will work via voice chat, and everything.

Another thing I forgot to add, is the amount of people that use soundboard’s, gonna play stuff through they’re microphone, including copyright music. I don’t really see a point in having spatial audio voice chat.

From what I can tell, the blog post doesn’t mention anything about the age being 13+ regarding voice chat, so I don’t know where you’re getting that from.

It appears to be limited to select developers (as is every hyped up feature apparently?) at the moment, so we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

2 Likes

A place like this for testing new features out such as voice chat seems pretty neat. Excited for what’s to come!

They mention it being 13+ in this though:

7 Likes

Right, but @FxllenCode said that it was mentioned in the blog post, which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Now this is going to be epic, an legendary moment for Roblox i hope this helps attract older players.

Its nice to have a place where people can test out new communication methods on roblox, im really excited towards the future.

I’m pretty sure that it is going to be 18+ with ID verification. (according to bloxy news)

UPDATE: It appears the Roblox Community Space has been set to private.

5 Likes

Well, the official blog it says it will be for (+13 years)

Appointment to Blog

“The company is inviting an initial group of 5,000 developers, all 13 and older, to try out the new spatial voice chat capabilities in a custom-built Roblox community space.”*

2 Likes

Yes, developers will be able to toggle spawn with friends & friend locator on and off. You will also be able to customize how these features work if there are specific components you want to keep / edit / remove.

13 Likes

But it says for developers specifically for the beta. What I’m trying to say is that for public use, it might be 18+ for now. They did talk about releasing it for younger audiences.

1 Like