Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

This does actually seem like a step in the right direction, can’t wait.

3 Likes

This really seems like a cool way to interact with the community props to you Roblox!

2 Likes

More likely to wait, if the tests of the experience go well, it can add to (+13 years) or for older people but I hope that how the community behaves with this change

*Experience Link (open, but not activated yet the voice chat)

https://www.roblox.com/games/6985028626

3 Likes

The only issue that I would see happen for VC would be moderation. Like how would you moderate adults? Also, the experience is closed rn. (looks like they are fixing the text filtering?)

2 Likes

Well there I recommend you see the entire blog, if you are not sure do not use it, but if you have to experience the function as it goes.

The blog

https://blog.roblox.com/2021/09/future-communication-metaverse/

1 Like

This is very cool, I am extremely exited to see what cool, funny and overall amazing things will come out of this! Hopefully the api will be extremely versatile, i can think of so many amazing ideas with this like radios, phones and horror games.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see this feature in place for everyone soon!

2 Likes

This is cool and I cant wait to see and play around with the new features. @BitFist But 1 question what is this with the image of the star creator badge in it

1 Like

It looks like it’s just an emote? There’s nothing really special about it.

1 Like

It might be but its the exact same icon as the star creator badge on the player list and in the metaverse event hub for the create

Seems to be that Roblox has done a Microsoft, in scrapping their Quality Assurance department. Many updates of late have had to be disabled not long after release due to bugs that seem so trivial, you’d think they would’ve been caught during development, or post-developmental testing. But they test features before releasing them, right? Right? :woozy_face:

5 Likes

I believe that ROBLOX’s decision to bring voice chat to the platform will take them to the next level. There was a huge issue when it came to communicating with other users, and bringing voice chat as well as restricting it to only 13+ users will be really great. However there might be a problem with this, as users might lie about their age. I do, however, have some questions:

1. Will there be some sort of age verification system?
  2. How would the filtering system work?

Other than that, I’m pretty excited for this!

5 Likes

By that logic, the chat in Roblox shouldn’t exist either.
There will always be ways to bypass it, and that will never be fixable but removing the feature entirely because of a handful of people on the platform is a little overboard.

3 Likes

Pretty sure there will be ID verification.

2 Likes

That would be the point in having QA Testers, so the fact that so many bugs persist after release despite the group having 202 QA Testers total is a bit irritating. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This one is super amazing update, I can finally communicate with my friend on roblox but one question though. Is talking on different language allowed with friends?

1 Like

That’s not really what I was trying to point out. I understand there always will be problems however I was just pointing that out about the board.

1 Like

Well this is akward

3 Likes

I feel like the negative opinions towards voice chat aren’t fully based on moderation alone. These kind of changes are altering the game to an extent we cannot ignore anymore, I wouldn’t call voice chat a bad update or anything. This whole “metaverse” thing they’ve started pushing over the past year or so just feels like it isn’t changing the game in a good way. It’s hard to elaborate fully, just feels like things they do are just solely developer-focused now, and if they’re not, they’re targeted at new players, though it’s felt like this for at least half a decade now. A lot of people I imagine would just like to play the game they grew up on, including myself. Though I won’t be using it, it seems like an alright feature for players that want to, but I hope that it doesn’t begin to dominate the playerbase.

5 Likes

Very hyped to try out the spacial voice system! Great stuff coming, hope it’s soon!

5 Likes