Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

The reason that worked is that enabling Windows Sonic lowers the sample rate to 48000 Hz, you should be able to see that under the Advanced tab.

1 Like

I strongly recommend making voice chat for 18+, it will be very difficult to monitor everyone on roblox talking and the bot moderation has always been very wonky.

Plus, this would also appeal to adults who use curse words often, such as myself. I’ve caught myself slipping up countless times.

Also, a toggle feature where you can hit “T” or some type of button to talk in-game instead of it always detecting the microphone audio.

1 Like

I disagree with you what’s the point in adding a feature that only a small portion of the Roblox community can use.

2 Likes

This is pretty cool it’s actually becoming a thing!

2 Likes

I have a question last years RDC you guys said that age ratings were coming to the platform. Would the voice chat update also have the age rating update has well. And if a developer where to enable voice Chat in their game would that game automatically be given a 13+ rating

2 Likes

Voice chat is something that is really difficult to moderate. In most social media I’ve seen they won’t even bother to censor it out. Although I wouldn’t mind if Roblox were to find a way to make moderation work smoothly in voice chat, infact, I would be surprised. It would just prove they know exactly what they’re doing.

I got invited for testing but my mic is broken :frowning: otherwise I would go see it myself.

I only recommend 18+ so curse words can be used as it will be very difficult to filter out swear words in Voice Chats. So, unless they allow it for 13+ then we’ll have some form of an issue… plus, if they allow a 13+ Voice Chats then they should also allow 13+ chats.

2 Likes

No why would giving voice chat to a 13+ audience mean that should give users to ability to have 13+ chat.
Secondly Roblox themselves said that you can be Less filtered when your talking with a group of friends. On-top of that I pretty sure it’s impossible to moderate swear words while using voice chat without it being recorded

2 Likes

The reason I believe that a 13+ audience should have a 13+ Chat System if they have a Voice Chat System that doesn’t moderate anything; anything they can’t type out will be said over Voice Chat so the moderation would be pointless at that point.

Exactly, which means the younger audience could be vulnerable to the swear words which would then cause trouble for Roblox.

Hold up bro do you really think 13 year olds care about swear words. I don’t think you know this but most 13 year olds are in middle school

2 Likes

Ok so I found this secret area by parkouring around this map and trying to get Out of Bounds.

It’s a secret word guessing game and I’m not great at those so I don’t know if I’d be able to complete this.
gl to those who do.

Also out of bounds are a nature/forest asset pack and a building asset pack, if you were wondering. and a baseplate. nothing too exciting.

1 Like

Roblox has to follow a certain set of guideline rules to protect the children. If they don’t, they could get into some major trouble.

Adding voice chat to 13+ users is a good way to age up the platform. Like let’s say you never heard about Roblox before and someone told you that Roblox added voice chat for 18+ users and the only way for you to use it is by giving Roblox your ID would you really play Roblox after someone told you that

Same thing happened to me and a bunch of others. It would be nice if someone at Devrel can inform us of what happened with our Beta, so we’re not all here just guessing.

2 Likes

Got invited to the program today, it was fun chatting around with other players who I did not know, this will be I guess the new way to meet new people in the future, hell even now. Great feature!

2 Likes

Yeah I also had my voice chat strangely revoked. As far as I’m aware though, they tend to warn players who have done something wrong, and most my friends and colleagues have kept it. Could there be a mishap in the system somewhere?

4 Likes

The voice chat feature is gone from my privacy settings
How to fix it?

3 Likes

I can’t seem to use VC in the game menu, I got the invite and VC is turned on in my privacy settings, any solutions?

1 Like

Did you verify your phone number?

1 Like

Did you change your account age to under 13?

1 Like