Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

Yes, the beta feature is also turned on. I talked with 2 admins in the game, but they had no idea how to fix it either. I’m also on a mac if that helps.

UPDATE: One of the admins help me fix this, for anybody with a mac, go to settings and let roblox access your mic

1 Like

Is there an estimate/date for when developers with access will be able to add this into their games?

1 Like

It isn’t about aging up the platform, it’s about protecting Roblox and the children who play it. People under the age of 13 are very vulnerable which as I said previously; there are laws to protect these children. Voice chat is very difficult to nearly impossible to filter. Take a look at the Call of Duty Voice Chat system, it can’t be filtered… the same could be said here; they could be put to this instance. Call of Duty has very much damaged the mentality of many young children because their parents didn’t monitor what their children were playing and Call of Duty to this day still faces troubles from that, including other issues that is of Activisions fault.

I only recommended 18+ for Roblox to be guaranteed safety in-case some form of a attack with Voice Chat was to happen and seeing as their have been raids before; this could be abused heavily by very sick individuals. To answer your question; yes, it keeps the children safe and I’m allowed to say what I please with peace of mind.

This could easily be lowered to 13+ but, if they’re going to lower the filter for voice chatting to 13+ then they should allow 13+ chat to say what they please as well as anything that is filtered by the text chat will just be bypassed by Voice Chat. It would render their Chat filtering system as useless.

2 Likes

I too, have been experiencing this issue. I can talk through my microphone and people can hear me, but I can’t hear them, ever.

2 Likes

I’m in the Beta Tester category but i’m still not eligible to test :pensive:

4 Likes

I got invited, but I don’t see a Beta Features section in my privacy settings? My phone number is all set up.

1 Like

I noticed that the reset button is disabled. Is there any good reason for this? I would like to change my avatar but in order to do that I need to rejoin the game.

3 Likes

Hi there! I’ve been messaged directly about this but it doesn’t seem to appear in my settings? Is this just a glitch or is there some form of time limit until you’re able to start testing?

2 Likes

I cannot use this because I am getting this error when I try to use my phone number. This has not gone away for hours.
aaheaghdfg

2 Likes

I think people are randomly losing access for no reason. Might be a bug with Beta Features.

2 Likes

I think I forgot to add a phone number. I do believe it’s working now.

2 Likes

no, because how would i change it back after i do if i did

2 Likes

For some reason while developers around the world are getting access to the Spatial Voice Chat feature, no developer in my country has access to the beta feature. I contacted a few of my mutual developers that live in the same country, and even though they have millions of visits and a few thousand concurrent players, they did not get invited to test the program. I have no idea if it has something to do with the language spoken in my country, since English speakers aren’t really common here. There MIGHT be a developer that has access to the feature and I’m just not aware of it.

2 Likes

I had access a couple of weeks ago, and even got the private message
but the option is no longer available in my settings

any help?

4 Likes

How could I participate? I am really interested in this.

1 Like

Epic feature. Can’t wait to opt-in for it!

1 Like

I have just put my phone number, but the feature still doesn’t show up on Privacy. What should I do?

1 Like

as other people have said, quite a few people including event organizers have had it revoked out of the blue, and we haven’t gotten any explanation from Roblox staff about what has happened sadly. Hopefully they decide to say something soon.

4 Likes

Still haven’t got invited to this or rdc lol rest in piece

1 Like

Good news to everyone here. I got an email back from support it is a bug and they are working on it.

8 Likes