Roblox Console Sponsor scammed me? [UPDATED]

I ran 1K Sponsor (Completed) and 3K Sponsor (Running, 17 hours in). They got me in total 0 visits.

1K Sponsor:

3K Sponsor:

In total, all the impressions add up to 2,752,993, meaning the game icon popped up for console players 2,752,993 times.

0 Clicks. 0 CTR. 0 Attributed Visits. 0 Conversion Rate. This is not just a visual bug, because my game also gained 0 visits (Judging from the visit counter on the game page and checking up on my game and always seeing 0 concurrent players)

The odds of this happening in the billions/trillions, there is no other explanation. I don’t see how from almost 2.8M impressions I didn’t get a single visit.

I have talked to multiple developers with millions of visits that do console sponsors every day too and each one of them told me they had an issue with console sponsor. But for them, it was just showing “0 clicks”, while they still got visits, and I didn’t get anything.

Personally I, heavily rely on console sponsors and and so do other developers. Me being scammed in total out of 4,000 Robux and not being able to properly advertise my game is putting a huge barrier between me and development.

The purpose of this post is to gather developers that sponsor for console and discuss what can be done to fix this issue, so If you got a similar issue, please let me know under this post!

16 Likes

Not sure most 13+ players would click on an ad like this, it’s not really the type of games I would believe they like to play (its not one I’d want to play, anyway)

8 Likes

0 active players probably won’t help either.

1 Like

So you are saying 400K people saw the ad and didn’t want to click it? There is clearly something wrong here, because usually off my other with with super similar icon, i got around 600 clicks for that impression amount

3 Likes

You can’t see the player count of a sponsored game until you visit the page

4 Likes

This doesn’t look like something a 13+ user would play as @Chaos_Geo has already said. It looks very clickbate-ish, as well as cartoonish, which wouldn’t appeal to older audiences.

If not the case, it might just be a bug. I don’t necessarily think they would have “scammed” you.

4 Likes

I mean, it does seem unlikely, but honestly the game seems more like something a 7 year old would play. 13+ users on Roblox typically don’t like to play these games.

EDIT: Roblox might be counting ad-blocker impressions as “impressions”, so the users with an adblocker give you an impression, but the user doesn’t see it.
The rest that don’t have an adblocker don’t find the game as interesting.

4 Likes

Beamed by Roblox

It may be a visual bug or that your game is not showing up.

It could also be the unlikely scenario that just nobody clicked on your game. I mean there are low odds, but with such an unoriginal game, I would not be surprised if this is the case.

5 Likes

Yeah these games have flooded Roblox and people are probably tired of it. I would not play this game, nor would I click on an ad for it - but that is because it does not interest me.

5 Likes

This thread is for help and not expressing irrelevant opinion on which games you like or not like.

Odds of this happening are insanely low, almost impossible. Once again, a flashy icon like this, would definitely attract some players, and get some clicks, as seen from my previous results.

This is just another bug in the system that needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Do not blame your games failed success on a nonexistant website bug, and then get angry when we tell you what happened.

5 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, he was only trying to help by a suggestion of what the targeted population of players might or might not like.

No need to get all of a sudden angry when someone tries to help you when you ask for help.

3 Likes

If you are here not to help, then please exit the thread.

This is illogical and would make no sense where you get 0 clicks for 400K impressions, while for my other game with the same styled icon i got 600 clicks for 400K impressions.

I don’t wanna continue this conversation with you, so if you don’t have any useful information, please stop blaming it on “failure” of my game and exit the thread.

1 Like

Sorry your game failed sweety. It happens sometimes, and the next step is to find another game to work on. Best of luck! :grin:

5 Likes

Just because a 1k sponsor didn’t get any visits doesn’t mean a game failed-

1 Like

0 players, 1000 robux down the drain, 0 clicks - sounds like an unsuccessful game.

Best of luck to you too my friend. But I don’t think I would wanna take advice from someone who doesn’t have at least 100k legitimate visits to their name.

I am not here to flex how many total place visits I have earned, because no actual developer here cares unless they are being hired. Heck, my game in QA testing has more visits than your “stuff” honey. I can tell you are upset, and frustrated is an understatement - but at this point, make a new game idea and go from there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This isn’t a scam, and this also isn’t because 13+ years old people are not interseted to play it.

The main problem is just under it, your game was only available on console when you have sponsored it, which is globaly representing no more than 3% of the whole Roblox community.

3 Likes

Check this out.
Because of that, there is an impression counter, so ratios do not add up.