Roblox Console Sponsor scammed me? [UPDATED]

You have an amazing point! :+1: | I totally feel like this is one of the things that is often overlooked when advertising, and I think @FP_Nation should take advice from it. Also, I believe that although this is part of it, I can almost guarantee you that a majority of the playerbase would be < 13, so sponsorships arenā€™t for him right now.

3 Likes

I guess the game advertissement impressions was made for everyone on any device, but only console players can see itā€¦ thatā€™s the only reason which explain why the impression/click ratio isnā€™t normal, iā€™m not sure at all but it can be possible.

If that was the case, then there would be no option for a separate platform.

Once again, speaking from a game which got 15M visits, I used console sponsors to advertise it and it worked smoothly. (also had the same style of icon)

Let me ask, are you looking for help? Or do you just wanna prove the point of ā€œoh, well the roblox sponsor system scammed meā€? Are you just going to be in constant denial of what people are suggesting?

3 Likes

Look at the points Iā€™ve made and It will make sense to you. The purpose of this thread is for experienced developers leave their suggestions.

I find it extremely odd that he would target consoles over devices such as phone, tablet, or computer - considering those make up a majority of the playbase and are the type of people I would imagine would play that game. Also, there could be compatability concerns with console users ā†’ How easy is the UI to navigate on console? How will console users socialize? What are other similar games doing differently? Is the game icon colorblind friendly? (the colors could blend in a lot with the shades of green) Is there too much going on with the game icon?

All of these are questions that @FP_Nation must ask before creating sponsorships. A large company does not start advertising without doing research on their competitors first.

As @TheRoyalFlush_Dev has stated, this seems more like a clickbait post. Reasons were given for why his sponsorship is so bad, and he has refused every suggestion calling them inexperienced. :joy_cat:

3 Likes

Tbh I would just stop responding to them and run it again in the afternoon or file a bug report.

Yeah, i got the same opinions overall, there is no points to pay a sponsor to advertise a game only for console playerbase, expecially when the game is available for all devices and there is way more people in the other devices, it has no sense.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I donā€™t have access to bug-report section. So thatā€™s why Iā€™m posting it here.

I appreciate all of these replies, but they are coming from common sense, not data analysis. It would be helpful if someone who does console sponsor frequently would reply to this thread.

Thereā€™s your problem. Among many other issues, you only ran 1K in a console sponsorship for a game that doesnā€™t seem to appeal to a 13+ audience. Keep in mind, even though itā€™s the only way to market to console players, sponsorships are not prominently displayed like advertisements are, and (on desktop) I personally donā€™t find it worth my time to scroll all the way down on the home page to see the Sponsor sort. This could very well be a combination of bad luck and an unappealing game. Also, give it time. Your sponsorship appears to still be running from the looks of the screenshot provided.

Given your gameā€™s model, you need other players. A 0 players count isnā€™t going to entice a 13+ year old when the point of the game is to race others.

A flashy icon, but the prominent display of mathematical equations could deter players from clicking on it, on top of it being the focus of the game.

I will reiterate what the rest of this thread has already stated - a failed sponsorship or game doesnā€™t merit getting mad when others taking the time to reply point out its flaws. For all you or I know, this could simply be a visual bug that will resolve itself when the campaign ends.

5 Likes

Do you have a screenshot of your other game that you also sponsored for console only ?
So we can see the difference between both.

I do, but I would not like to share it. However I have something else I wanna show, I will post it in a moment.

Already 104 impression on mobile and tablet, and 2 clicks.

Explain how 400K impressions could not get a single click.

And unfortunately this is not a visual glitch, since i didnt get any visits from a console sponsor.

2 Likes

This proves that absolutely no one clicked on your console ad, and unfortunately, this isnā€™t a bug. From my experience, console players tend to enjoy FPS shooters more, but that obviously isnā€™t representative of the entire community. I canā€™t give a definitive reason as to why it failed, but Iā€™d probably go with that the gameā€™s focus is math and math just isnā€™t necessarily popular among most people who play games.

2 Likes

1000 robux is extremely small, you also spread that across a 24hr period on a Monday-Tuesday right before a major holiday that might impact peoplesā€™ ability to play. Looks like a good trial run to learn what not to do. If this was a budget about 100x that, targetting the right audience during primetime on a popular game, Iā€™d begin questioning the system.

5 Likes

I understand your point of view, but at the same time, XBOX players are also kids. They would enjoy games that mobile players enjoy too, so I donā€™t see a reason why there would be no clicks for a console one.

I still believe this is a bug.

The only reason I believe this is a bug is because the data from my older console sponsors was way different than this one.

This one:

Other one:

Itā€™s a pretty big time gap, but I believe that does little to almost nothing.

256 clicks at 200k impressions, while 0 clicks at 400k impressions.

1000 Robux is really small for a sponsor, and especially if your game is targeted at players under 13 you wonā€™t get many clicks.

It also matters about the timing of the ads too, the first picture shows that the ad was running on a random Monday and Tuesday, while your second one was during Christmas.