Roblox crashing upon leaving the server (so far on my game)

Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-02-06 00:02:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-02-14 00:00:00 (-05:00)

Reproduction Steps:
If you play my game: RoMurder Mystery - Roblox every time I leave it after testing, the crash popup bar appears and the new data isn’t saved.

In order to reproduce, join the game, and press play. If the transition screen doesn’t appear and you see no UI/Buttons on your screen, this will cause a crash bar to appear.

Expected Behavior:
When playing the game, your new data should be saved when you leave the game and no crash popup bar should appear.

Actual Behavior:
You play the game, any new data that was recently added will be gone when you leave and a crash popup appears.

6 Likes

CNR; tried five times and every time I was able to leave without a crash. Although, I did get no UI after clicking play and there wasn’t a transition.

What do you mean by ‘testing’? Playtesting in Studio? Using the actual Roblox client?

1 Like

I’m using the roblox client, hence why I posted under this category.

3 Likes

I do not experience this trouble at all, my guess is that, your end is not functioning properly, have you tried reinstalling???

2 Likes

I am also unable to reproduce the issue. Have you tried reinstalling? Does it still occur? Thanks.

1 Like

@WooleyWool Hello! Are you still experiencing this issue? Thanks!

1 Like

Not anymore. I believe what the issue was was a memory leak occurring in my game which crashed any device that couldn’t handle it. The memory leak has been patched and I haven’t experienced the issue since.

2 Likes

Sometimes when I hit stop when testing my game a popup appears saying Roblox Studio quit unexpectedly and in the details I see SIGSEGV

1 Like

I was having the same problems since the last 2 weeks. On every game I leave a message popped up saying “Roblox has stopped working”

Yesterday roblox updated and I think it’s fixed because I didn’t see it yesterday

1 Like