Roblox Creator Experience Survey

I hate this US restriction thing on this ROBLOX CREATOR EXPERIENCE SURVEY, I love taking surveys and now they only restrict it to the US. I am offended as I am a Brazilian.

7 Likes

Ironic how ROBLOX tries to be “inclusive of everyone” while NOT being inclusive of non-United States residents. If they instead offered that global gift card, there would be no problem.

7 Likes

I’d assume laws about collecting data from various countries. Or, it could be something to do with the gift cards. If so, Roblox should remove the gift cards. It’s far more worth developer trust/understanding.

The whole point here is to get feedback from the community, not less than half the community. :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

wow what a short survey lol… hope my age and that im not a us citizen helps with your understanding of the community

4 Likes

ngl… this survey is useless

what does knowing how much people make, or spend, help with…
everyone makes, and spends differently…

3 Likes

my thoughts: in recent years of developing, i have been pretty much satisfied with developing on roblox even though there are missing stuff and features here and there which would improve my development quality.

if i need to list things that are missing, let me know.
and yeah, i answered here because the survey is usa only.

2 Likes

We appreciate everyone sharing their concerns and we understand where you’re coming from! To keep you in the loop, we are starting with the United States to pair with some other US research we are conducting.

We’re hoping to expand this survey and any future surveys to other regions soon. Stay tuned.

45 Likes

Going forwards please make sure that region restrictions and the reasons for them on community feedback projects are clearly communicated, and share if equal opportunities will be extended to other regions later. It feels extremely disrespectful to be turned away abruptly at a general platform survey because of region. This is not the first time this has been an issue.

17 Likes

Just “slightly” triggered from your comment, all good xD

3 Likes

All it asked about is money. Why not what we actually think about the platform…?

5 Likes

Likewise this is the 2nd survey I’ve seen strictly limited to the US. You would think they would choose another company to go with that allows other regions to be included in the survey for the 2nd round…

2 Likes

Exactly how is digging in my pockets going to help you improve the experiences of your creators? Unless you’re willing to raise the possible revenue we can make on Roblox!

Speechless. :joy: :joy:

Ah of course, the solution to all problems.

6 Likes

I remember two or three years ago at RDC Roblox was really proud to announce more than 50% of their developers were from outside the US. However, this survey is just Roblox being two faced, celebrating their international developers but yet blocking things like this survey to only US residents. I find it pretty discouraging in terms of Roblox’s future support for international devs.

5 Likes

Take this as a grain of salt but I find it suspicious that it says that “Any personally identifiable information (e.g., your email address) will not be included in the results of this study” But the next page it asks for your email address and roblox username to enter a amazon gift card draw. Maybe i’m just too insecure but sounds sus.

3 Likes

I was fine with giving them the amount of money I earned (≈80 cents), because it was such an overwhelmingly low number, lmao.

3 Likes

Tax, it just makes the entire system easier for them.

I am so tired of hundreds of replies just about it only available for the US, I understand it can be annoying but everyone acts like Roblox does it out of pure hatred for other countries when it is for making legal systems for them easier.

6 Likes

I completed the survey without carefully reviewing the instructions and ended up just providing my date of birth to Roblox.
Shouldn’t I at least be asked to respond with my place of residence first?

3 Likes

Easy. Just don’t make any money off of the Roblox corporation.

2 Likes

Why do companies think their only userbase is American. I’m pretty sure only ~40% of roblox devs are located in the United States.

3 Likes

You can access it, you can lie about being in the US, but i’m sure they have a way of determining if you are actually in the US or not. I’m able to access it here in NZ but not very much can be done about the big ol’ American corporation!

3 Likes