Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

Hi, I’m stack3dBlocks and this is my game that I submitted, if want to you can vote for it.

Yeah, we had high hopes on our game. :sob: Unexpected Worlds - Roblox

Good Luck Everyone

2 Likes

Right now it is extremely hard to win as there’s one post with 25 likes (the 2nd highest has 12 currently) and 80% of the voters of the current winners’ post joined the Devforum very recently and some accounts look like alts which is extremely disappointing considering there’s not much we can do to raise awareness of our game. It’s also annoying that there are 400+ games on the thread instead of the top 10, 20 etc like previous years as it’s unlikely anyone voting will check out many different games.

4 Likes

Find “Unexpected Developments” occurring around the world!
and get to the end for an “Unexpected Development”! You’ll see what i mean…

Here’s our little 5-minute story for this jam! We put so much effort into making everything perfect, we really hope you enjoy! Feel free to drop a like at the link below, you can vote more than once!

:warning: Please read description for bugs before playing

1 Like

I knew this would likely be botted lol. Not much anyone can do about it really unless they have IP tracking on Discourse to detect suspicious activity, or something similar. Even then, theres VPNs, etc.
We just have to live with the fact that the winner for this category will probably be faked unfortunately.

1 Like

Enjoy a horror-styled mystery to solve? Well welcome to Anomaly, where you can do just that! :test_tube:

Collect all the chemicals (with universally-recognizable names) before the monster hunts you down but be quick or you’ll run out of time. Good luck!

Vote here:

2 Likes

It’s been a long day at work, and it’s time to go home…

2 Likes

Hey! For next year I recommend implementing a system like they did in the GMTK game jam where you’re forced to rate upto 5 of 10 randomly selected games (different for everybody) and only then letting people rate any game of their choice, I feel like they nailed it with keeping the vote fair for everyone.

I’m not sure how this would be adapted with a system with no category ratings (like whats being done right now) but it should be considered.

5 Likes

Here is our gamejam “Drive to work”, check it out.

Please leave a like on the post below if you enjoyed it (:heart:)

2 Likes

Will the other category winners be announced soon?

1 Like

I tried your game but it was really annoying to walk around in that big area without running and also I could not figure out where the goal was in level2 I got what I assume is the last key but I coulden’t find the door so I just quit, do you think you could spoil what the unexpected development was for your game exactly? Cos I don’t really feel like playing it again from the beggining

2 Likes

My game is right here!

Also not my game but I really liked this one, I 100% recomend

1 Like

Thank you for playing our game. I agree, it might become annoying when you’re walking around searching for keys.
Our game doesn’t have something like sudden events. As the title and description suggests, it focuses on the (currently three) differently styled and unique maps.
By the way: We didn’t use a single pre-made asset in our submission!

2 Likes

Hey I am unable to find the game can you help me find it? The game ID is “16114283208”

1 Like

Hey! Me @WaflSyrup , @YoshiInsanity and @M4d_Cow worked together on this paranormal game for our submission
It’s called Left to Rot and it’s a tooooottaly normal ghost hunting game in a toooootally normal haunted house.

It’d mean a lot of you checked the game out and considered giving us a vote <3
I’d also love to hear any feedback from anyone who checks it out!!

3 Likes

Thanks to all who played Game [W.I.P] if you enjoyed it please consider giving us a vote:

4 Likes

Work as a perfectly willing drive-thru worker in this PS2 styled game serving people their unexpected orders in my solo project Greasy’s Diner!

If you played my game, or beat it, it would be much appreciated if you could leave a like on the People’s Choice Voiting topic!

4 Likes

Here’s our team’s Project, BYTEZER0 is a open-world PvP-style FPS game,
where every player starts out with 3 sets of weapons, Primary, Secondary and melee
players can fight in an open-environment with a couple of weapons to unlock,
you can also get onto a leaderboard with the highest scores! and much more!

Link to our game: BYTEZER0
We hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it! <3

Voting Topic:

2 Likes

Our submission

2 Likes

Just a Friendly Reminder, definitely try out (and like) our game!

3 Likes