Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

I hope we get the results soon., don’t want to wait one more week after the voting phase deadline

3 Likes

If I am guessing right this is a holy book with a roblox logo on it.
You must respect “Religions”, that kind of thing is not needed.

S

2 Likes

this is honestly the most disgusting thing i’ve ever seen happening here, this seriously needs to be looked at and should be grounds for not only disqualification but maybe even a ban since this actually involves real money

3 Likes

i just wanna see the results bro

8 Likes

Gu4rana, can we get estimate time when winners will be announced, please?

4 Likes

Hey creators,

Your dedication and creativity have truly impressed us. This year, we received over 400 amazing experiences! Without further ado, here are the winners of the Roblox Developer Challenge 2024:

:video_game: Most Immersive Experience: Lucidity
:gear: Best Usage of Tech: A Wizard Tale
:globe_with_meridians: Global Citizenship Award: :lab_coat::test_tube::fire::question:
:+1: People’s Choice: untitled farming game

Honorable mentions:

We want to express our gratitude to the community for your invaluable feedback on this year’s edition of the Roblox Developer Challenge. We hear you all and are committed to continually improving the challenge each year as our utmost priority is to ensure the community feels appreciated and involved. Your feedback is instrumental in shaping the future of the challenge, so please continue to share your thoughts and fill out our satisfaction survey.

To the winners, we’ll be reaching out soon on DevForum to claim your prizes. For all participants, keep an eye out for the DevRel Virtual Prizes Series, coming your way over the next few days!

Remember to join @Game-Jammers to stay updated on upcoming challenges and events!

We look forward to seeing you at future events!

Best regards,
Developer Engagement Team

114 Likes

YOOOO finally!!! I wasn’t able to see all the games, but I think they did a good job choosing the winners. Also congratulations to nicopatty , he’s an awesome creator and i’m glad he won (and his team, I guess) even with the cheating and bribery that allegedly happened .

9 Likes

Even though the prizes were lower, I think the structure and overall way of selecting winners in the connect jam last year over the summer was far better. Doing this one was not as fun, and “people’s choice” si an issue on its own.

10 Likes

We got honourable mentions (Kat’s Cafe)! :smiley: Thank you for the event, this was our entire team’s first game jam and we learnt a lot and had a lot of fun!

9 Likes

Hard to believe our team’s silly little emoji game won the global citizenship award :smiley: Thank you so much!

6 Likes

We can update the games now, right? And basically just do anything with them?

3 Likes

Yes, you can do whatever now.

4 Likes

This was a great Game Jam! I wish there were more winners. So many of the experiences were amazing!

4 Likes

thank @jasper_creations, he was the lead dev. i only contributed a little to this project :grinning:

6 Likes

im thinking cutscenes :eyes: we totally could do a better job with the story telling bc rn it makes 0 sense

2 Likes

Can’t believe we won for best usage of tech XD
Go play our game A Wizard Tale

Thanks to my team for the amazing work:
@junioroakley
@uzerk1234
@bobe1231
@ymunivb

7 Likes

How on earth was this most immersive? There were so many other entries that were much more immersive with original assets, while this one is free models placed in random spots and barely-working gameplay.

This feels really frustrating to see. In my opinion any of the honorable mentions could easily be more immersive than Lucidity.

9 Likes

While I have not won this Challenge, I’m very-very happy that I got honorable mentione here! Thanks!

This year, there was so many good participants, I found some games which I have enjoyed. This challenge gave me a lot of happiness, and gave me a fresh breath!

4 Likes

I gotta agree with you. Even though I didn’t get a placement in the categories (I wasn’t expecting to), it was seriously fun to make something and to see other people’s submissions!

Pandora’s Box was my favorite honestly

3 Likes

GG To all the amazing developers who partook in the event and won!

4 Likes