Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

2 words that are extremely vague and could mean anything? backed up by them saying “its up for intepretation”?

Let me give some examples

a 1v1 first person shooter could be considered “unexpected development” because you level up and “anything” could happen in a 1v1,

on the contrary you could say “adopt me” is an “unexpected development” because anything could happen thats unexpected to a degree.

but after a bit of thinking we have come up with an idea that we think fits the theme, sorry for the confusion.

A roleplay game and a 1v1 first person shooter isn’t considered to be unexpected. Can you tell me what unexpected things can happen in a 1v1?

the whole scenario?

unless your inside the other guys head how on earth are you supposed to “expect” him to do exactly what you think he will?

every multiplayer game may as well be classified as “unexpected development”

edit; i understand the theme thoroughly tho, im just saying for first time viewers, or noobies it is in no way a friendly or clear theme.

We are looking for builders! I work as modeler, UI and a little bit of builder. @Steakwiz is scripting the stuff.

Hey, I have a question.

After the game jam fully ends (when prizes are given), can we continue developing the experience as our own? Or are we not allowed to continue it?

I am referring to this statement. After the challenge ends are we allowed to continue developing it?
Or publish it to a new place and update it from there?

He will kill you / die or the time runs out. No difference between 100 other rounds before than that

im saying the way he could kill you could be unexpected, unexpected is life, life is unexpected thats the simple way to put it, and games can be no different (if a game isnt unexpected, then its not a game, its callled a movie, or something youve done before, there’s always some other way of doing things ALWAYS, so to claim that a 1v1 of all things isnt/doesnt have unexpected moments is foolish) .

Our entire lives can be summed up by saying each moment of our lives are unexpected, and games are the same

1 Like

What if I make a game that is expected they don’t expect the game to be an expected game since the theme is unexpected development? lol

I think you added my msg by mistake.

Lmao why do so many people complain :rofl: As a very beginner, this is the best theme they could have chosen for me! I maybe will or will not submit something but I definitely already have an idea on what I will try :sweat_smile::+1:t3: Good luck to those who stay in, have fun!

1 Like

Thank you. i will try to do my best

got disc? so we can talk more about our plans

That’s what you have to try and figure out, they’ve done a lot of confusing ones.

My team personally has a pretty good idea on how we’re interpreting it.

They have technically done that in the past with the Dream Jam

Hey! Yes, once the results are announced, you can continue to work on your game

2 Likes

Working on my game solo…my team member can no longer help…this is going to be interesting!

are we allowed to use Roblox accessories in our game?

Are u allowed to use premade assets and systems provided by roblox?

Are you going to write your character controller / chat / all game services from zero?

What on earth is unexpected development?

Thats a really really vague theme.

Is it unexpected in terms of gameplay or…

Just how I made the game…?

@Jginty @NekkstMaze You can use any pre-made assets as long as you list them in the submission survey!