Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

Managed to get it done a minute before the deadline :sweat_smile:
Our game Drive to work, by @Superr_Z, @Librirox, @Nadgob1, and myself

3 Likes

Pizzakour with @Tommy_Catz @iNexesi

competitive 3d parkour game to play with friends. You might also find some unexpected gadgets throughout the map

uhh ran out of time to make the tutorial so controls would take some time to understand

2 Likes

Very cool game, thanks for submitting

2 Likes

Our team: @kolo341 @CryBlanka @kolos348

We’ve made experience called Echoes of Dreams.

In a game full of unexpected twists and turns, the hero begins his adventure, gradually growing in strength and experience. However, just when he seems to have reached the peak of his power, he suddenly regresses to his original size. This unpredictable narrowing drastically changes the dynamics of the game, introducing an element of surprise and highlighting the theme of unexpected development in this puzzle-filled game.

2 Likes

Hi all, we would like to ask you to please not worry if you accidentally updated a few minutes past the deadline. Please, refrain from editing at this time.

5 Likes

If there is a premade assets present in the badge but not the game itself, will it still need to be listed? For example: the badge has an image of a hair accessory but the hair accessory is not in the game.

2 Likes
2 Likes

My team’s game we didn’t really have time to create a actual story for the game however we were able to get a demo going, of the AI and interaction system.

Hope you guys can enjoy!

4 Likes

Here is my submission I also can’t wait to try out other team submission too.

3 Likes

Bro this one is actually really cool. You should def try and elaborate on this idea in the future, it can turn out to be an insane game

3 Likes

brainChild24 - Hasbro Sorry Board Build

Best I could do in 72 hours. I worked hard, wish I had a team. I had a lot of fun as well…I’ll be ready next year!

2 Likes

Heh, that was quite an interesting event.
We had to get our nifty thinking caps on for this one!

2 Likes

The challenge of the competition is the timeframe. You have to create the game really quickly.

3 Likes

“Time Immortal” is a steampunk western style game developed by @Kx_Ofc , @Nicolas6116AL , @FeniksOfTomb, @stardogtoddy and @TeequisOficial. It combines Wild West scenery with steam technology, offering exciting challenges and an engaging narrative. Although not all planned ideas were approved due to time constraints, the team expresses gratitude for the players’ support.

4 Likes

Are we allowed to edit game settings after the deadline?

2 Likes

Thank you! We hope you didn’t find the first part too difficult to figure out?

1 Like

First Developer challenge here, time was very limited and I was the only one doing the programming but I’d say we managed to make a somewhat interesting prototype that I might turn into a full game in the future!

2 Likes

Looking at all of these other submissions, I’m way less confident in my own game xD
(NOTE: Game is inspired by Coldline)

2 Likes

My submission:

1 Like

Clearly had a lot of fun with this one. I handled asset production and level design for most of our game, plus some thumbnails, icons, renders, and presentation material including the logo:

For the game, the plan was to make the story end up with the player in a boss fight against a gang of bees after they stole the player’s honey, which the player needs to walk normally. So throughout the entire story, the player can only walk along a specific axis before they shift their perspective, allowing them to move in the opposite axis.

Now obviously we didn’t have enough time for an entire bee boss fight sequence, so instead we opted to change the story to focus on the player’s inability to walk normally as a result of an unexpected medical condition. Regardless, the bee stayed as the logo for our team, and the bees the player is first supposed to run into now remain friendly towards the player:

We also opted for a low-poly vertex-painted artstyle, which lets the game more performantly handle having tons of trees, bushes, roses, and other environmental detail:

This mostly covers the artsy side of the project, there’s still tons of scripting and music development that my team accomplished for the gamejam.

10 Likes