Roblox Developer Forum Logo Updated

Honestly I absolutely love the new design(s); well done to whoever made them and good decision on the part of dev rel.

keep up the awesome work

3 Likes

While I do agree that a lot of people don’t agree with change, my biggest complaint is quite minor, even just a change from, “Developer” to, “Devforum” or, “Developer” and then, “Forum” would vastly improve it in my opinion.

It kinda feels like this:

looks like the actual website is just called, “Developer”

Other than this minor complaint I don’t mind it too much.

10 Likes

Could we perhaps at least have a different color choice? Personally I prefer purple, but after thinking about it, we have the normal logo, which is red, and the studio logo, which is blue. red + blue = purple. Makes sense

1 Like

@Younite or @maplestick should have made one :confused:

4 Likes

Not a fan of it…
Just the studio icon and some awkwardly placed text
"Developer"

I don’t get why it needed to change at all, I love the old logo.
Whatever.

7 Likes
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/domino-crowns-pizza-t-shirts-because-yes/22245?source_topic_id=76064

#tbt

Same font, different weight
It still makes me tear up a little though :frowning:

1 Like

I’m playing around with all the logo’s, it’s fun

Edit: Whoopsee, forgot to take away the white background after resizing

Edit2: I’m clumsy & too quick for my own brains, the very cleanest version ok

44 Likes

The logo isn’t bad. I just think having a logo that’s almost identical to Roblox Studio’s logo will confuse people as to what the Developer Forum really is about.
On the Roblox Wiki, it makes sense to have the Roblox Studio logo there because most of the Wiki is about Roblox Studio.
But the Developer Forum is a group of, not only builders and scripters, but website developers, graphic designers, music makers, clothing designers, streamers, writers, illustrators, youtubers, UI designers, group leaders and so much more who discuss all of our passions with each other and help each other when we get stuck. Not all of us use Roblox Studio for our craft. Having the Developer Forum with a logo that’s almost exactly like Studio’s logo will make people think development is just making things in Roblox Studio when it’s much more than that.
I don’t think the logo is bad, I just think it should be more distinguished from Roblox Studio.

16 Likes

Errr it’s nice but the older logo was more original and recognizable.

4 Likes

I much rather the old logo.

Why?
Because the old logo represented the dev forum, and can be identified by most roblox players. The new logo just looks like the roblox studio logo. Sure, it reflects the Roblox brand as a whole, because it’s just a copy of it.

I wouldn’t have minded a change to the logo, to make it look nicer or just newer. But this doesn’t even look fresh to me, I’ve seen this symbol a million times.

Also, is it just me that can barely read the “Developer” text at the top right?

6 Likes

I personally like this one. The idea of the yellow area being built definitely defines the forum :smile:

3 Likes

theres a lot of other logo concepts that builds in the yellow area after dawgra posted that one

2 Likes

I haven’t looked at the previous posts, as it is just a lot to look at. Did see a few memes, and this isn’t the place for them. I may be a broken record, but I don’t like the logo because it also refers to Roblox Studio if you remove the word “Developer”. The only logo that truely made sense to me was the original, as the second one didn’t seem relevant to the brand (and was just Dominos memes waiting to happen).

TL;DR: New logo is too similar to the Roblox Studio logo. I think the logo should be clearly different.

10 Likes

new logo is so bland and lacks flavour and character. i much prefer the older logo because we’ve defaulted at this point to homogenizing for absolutely no reason.

7 Likes

Developers, Developers, Developers!!!
Developers, Developers, Developers!!!

Its starting to remind me of that hit culture classic.

4 Likes

did… did you… did you say Dominos.…?

11 Likes

What I want to know is how does a thread about a new devforum logo get so heated that it has 250 replies

4 Likes

Yeah, I wish they were as consistent with their font weight as much as they were with their logos.

1 Like

not a fan, looks like you just slapped the word “Developer” to the Studio Logo, old one is more unique to the forum.

5 Likes