Roblox Developer Forum Logo Updated

Nice idea, but it’d be yuck on mobile… although maybe the old one was too (it’s been ~1 hour and I can’t even remember smh)

1 Like

Yea, I was thinking on small screens it’d be awful, or just look like the studio logo anyways, but with some weird problem. But heyyyyyyyy. At least on computer, you’d know something is different.

2 Likes

Everyone hates change. The irony is that the tech industry changes so incredibly fast. Apparently the logo industry too. You’ll just get used to whatever the change is.

In other words, I’m kinda encouraging mindless conformity lol–but it’s a logo so it’s fine.

15 Likes

To be honest I much prefer the other logo, I thought it was way more original & pleasing to the eye. Considering that the devforum is meant to be a prestigious membership, so to speak, I feel that this new logo brings that into disrepute.

5 Likes

The changing of the logo probably won’t cause us to get any closer to a 1984-like state :laughing:

2 Likes

i’m pretty sure anyone would’ve been fine with the change as long as it wasn’t the exact same logo as studio’s

4 Likes

This is a joke right…? Ha. Ha?

But seriously, this new logo is the ROBLOX Studio logo and doesn’t represent a professional development community, I feel the old one stood out and was far more suitable. The orange and black both flowed amazingly and the logo was perfectly fine and did not need to be updated.

I’m very much open to change but if you expect me to use this forum I at least feel this should be changed as I feel the ‘new’ logos a massive joke and is hideous for it’s purpose to represent ROBLOX’s top developers.

22 Likes

That’s true. I’ll probably get used to it but that doesn’t mean it was necessarily a good change.

4 Likes

This is what it’d look like on a tab. So basically. You’d notice there is atleast a little white line of something, and be like, heyyyy. What’s that there, boys? Idk. Shot in the dark.

So like @EmeraldSlash said. As a small logo, it sucks. But. I tried.

4 Likes

I like that but it should have a tiny bit darker orange.

For my 2c, I feel like we should have one more logo, for the developers forum. As much as the studio logo is meant to be a ‘developer’ logo, it comes across as a studio logo only, because it hasn’t been put to use for another website/feature/etc. yet.

Waiting around 1 year to change to the ‘developer’ logo is too late, changing last January 2017 would have been ideal, hence why I ask that we have a separate devforum logo.

Currently just adding the word developer to it doesn’t make it any better, as it’s still the developer logo either way.

Please change it so we can differentiate all 3 sections of roblox :pray:

13 Likes

I support this suggestion by GeorgeTheDev and feel that branding as per his example is a great way to fix this issue.

I’m probably going to make my own statement when I get home so yea.

3 Likes

Orange studio logo
I actually made a slightly darker version before I made that one

6 Likes

they already changed it on tabs.

2 Likes

too sp00k 4 me

1 Like

No one is expecting you to use this forum? All over a logo? :thinking:

I like the new logo change - yes the old one was really nice but this is clean and professional :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I was inputting my logo design from here:

1 Like

It’s used on the Wiki as well. Now with the devforum, everything development-related uses this logo.

We’ve changed the Devforum logo multiple times in the past, so this is nothing new. The only thing controversial about it is that it’s change.

I don’t think you’ll be confusing a browser tab with a program any time soon.

4 Likes

Imo it wouldve been a lot cooler if it was orange

8 Likes

If I have the devforum open as my main tab on chrome, and I highlight over chrome, I’ll see the logo. Roblox studio is on my taskbar too. Heck, I could even open a new tab with the wiki page if I wanted 3 of them.

4 Likes