Roblox Discover Page Redesign

Hello everyone!

After I have seen in https://devforum.roblox.com/t/is-roblox-exploiting-its-developers/1426898 much criticism of the current discover page, I have made this redesign. Now I would be happy about a review and a heart :heart: from you!

You can see on the pictures more changes than just the discover page, because this redesign is based on my website redesign. It is linked below

Light mode

Dark mode

My Roblox Website redesign:

Link: Roblox website redesign

I would be happy if you write a review. :heart:

If you feel this topic belongs in a different category, please inform me. If a moderator receives a message “its off-topic”, I politely ask the moderator not to close the topic, but simply to change the category.

Sincerely,

CSJeverything

30 Likes

DAMN BRO I LOVE THIS

Pro web developer moment

This is really nice, I can also see the addition of an actual tag based system too!

1 suggestion: can you change the font of the page to something like Verdana? Sans serif kinda looks plain-ish. You can compare the font to the roblox font.

Overall the page is extremely organized and allows the user to use all the features without unnecessary clutter!

Thanks a ton for the time you put into it!!!

:heart:

2 Likes

Also another thing: note that the right and left bars look a bit cramped and could use more spacing or line height between the text. Also what’s that random bacon hair face at the clocks difficulty chart obby image? Just space out the right and left bars, including the search bar, like the roblox icon should have a bit more gap between the search bar. Other than that the design is gorgeous and I’d love to see it as the actual discover page some day. What if you get hired at roblox for the same??!?!?

2 Likes

As you can see from the friends list on the right, a fictional player named @IamBetterThanYou is playing my game. This is displayed directly at the game in the search! If you feel like it, you can play it :grin:!

I recommend you take a look at this post: Roblox website redesign

Ah ok, I got it. Can you change the way it shows the friends that are playing the game, maybe just show the game name on the side bar and not anywhere? It honestly looks like a random floating image as it’s not incorporated within the frame that displays the game info.

1 Like

Why not make these look like the other buttons on the sidebar?

Also the font looks out of place.

To be honest, I see no point of a redesign like this. It feels like reinventing the wheel.
The current Roblox website seems alright (to me, at least).

1 Like

The font is the one thing I don’t like about this. Roblox currently uses Gotham which looks better in my opinion, this looks like Arial. Everything else is an upgrade.

4 Likes

Not too big of a fan of this but I do love the Genres section and the Tags section, it would be great if those were added into roblox.

1 Like

looks super messy and complicated like some of the features would be nice but the new ui just sucks compared to the current one if you did something like the currently ui and modified it to have the game filter

1 Like

This should be added it would be so much cleaner and easy to find stuff.

1 Like

I’m not sure of The Noob to Very Easy ECT. But the Rest of The thing Is Very Good and Very Amazing Keep up The Good Work

1 Like

This is exactly what roblox needs to do! Personally the layout for the profile and robux is not my favorite but the searching by tags and showing games that have 0 - 1000 players is what I really like. If people dont want to try new games there is still the option for big games while still giving new devs and games a chance!

1 Like

Really cool! You should post this is feature requests so they might actually make it!

1 Like

I can’t, because my devforum rank is too low…

1 Like

Oh… Mine to. :frowning:

We could ask a regular.

1 Like

@SharkBL0X heh.

ok just kidding, this is probably one of the best UI designs I’ve ever seen. Great job!

1 Like

I love the idea, but roblox won’t ever use it because they can’t fit as many ads on the page there.

1 Like